Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7...and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7...and....

....it's my idea. lol

Anyhow, I still have Windows XP Pro SP 3....and I'm wanting to upgrade my OS.

Thing is though should I get the "Home" version or the "Pro" one, actually, I think I didn't even NEED XP PRO, and just home...apparently the "Pro" is mainly for networked computers...not just a stand alone.

So should I get the Windows 7 Home or Pro?

I'm THINKING I just need HOME, righT?

IMO Home Premium should be fine for you. The only reason I can think of that you might want Pro is if you plan to connect to a domain. If this is purely for home use then Home Premium is fine.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

There are 3 features that you may or may not miss;

XP mode: Do you have software that will only work on XP that you really must be able to use? XP mode isn't that spectacular, with severe limitations, particularly the video device (It's just a virtual machine). Playing games in XP mode for example isn't a reason for opting for PRO, you should consider a multiple OS setup instead.

Domain Join: If you don't know what it's for, you probably don't need it, especially if the OS is going on a desktop at home rather than a work laptop.

Back-up to network feature: There are better third party programs, and if you don't need PRO for one of the other features, this is absurdly overpriced.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X