Done with ASUS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with ASUS.

I'll not be buying any more ASUS mobos. This last problem with the built-in ethernet connection has me pissed. The atheros l1 gigabit ethernet built in is just absolute crap. I was sure that it was software causing my ethernet connection to drop, as it was originally only on piece of software that caused me. Recently it was another, and then another... Today it was the Blizzard downloader. So I finally start researching the problem and it turns out that LOTS of people have the same issue with the ethernet controller built into the ASUS Mobo. I found an 8yo 10/100 ethernet card at work, plugged it in and everything zooms right along.

The very first ASUS mobo I had was great. But I've had 3 more after that and each has had some issue. Next build, it won't be an ASUS.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

i too have had odd issues, mostly network issues with asus mobo's. Its too bad as their stuff seems to very well built when compared to "company x"'s product. their stuff usually is thicker, heavier, feels more solid.
    Another problem with that also i guess is their stuff is often a lot more expensive.

Comment

MY first asus was great years upon years ago. my most recent one seems like its falling apart. 6 of 8 usb ports are dead and ive only had this mobo for about 3 years.
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

My only experience has been with Gigabyte and EVGA and I have had great luck. When I search for MBs I stick to those two brands.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
          My only experience has been with Gigabyte and EVGA and I have had great luck. When I search for MBs I stick to those two brands.
          +1

I have Gigabyte in my current build, the main Asus for this PhenomII was always out of stock at NewEgg, and I'm glad it was. I got tired of waiting and went with this Gigabyte. Right off I noticed a difference, a more solid board...transistors and welds done so that a simple push too hard while routing the wires won't knock them off. At any rate, I'll stick with Gigabyte.

Comment

Asus always failed me. Specially in the RAM slot area. Every time I get a new mobo I end up with at least 1 dead slot.

EVGA All the way. Half of my current parts are EVGA.

Comment

I usually go with EVGA for video cards. My current mobo is an ASUS, and I have been disappointed in it. My main complaints have been with the BIOS, though. I have had trouble getting it to support 4 sticks of SLI-ready memory. Also, I have a 1.5TB external HDD, and about half the time the board will not boot when the HDD is connected. I have to disconnect the drive, then reconnect it after USB init is completed. THis is with the latest BIOS.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Heh, I have never owned an Asus board, but I love their subsidiary company Asrock !! They are fast becoming a major player. I still have an Asrock 939DUAL-SATAII board running a B.E. 5000+ overclocked to 3.1 ghz.
                Their X58 board is the cheapest and one of the fastest boards available. I usually buy Gigabyte and eVGA for my boards.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I own several ASUS over the years and I never had a problem The one time I did had a problem was a end user fault (me) Anyway I been looking for M-Atx mobo and was willing to explore other brands; MSI, GIGABYTE, ZOTAC, BIOSTAR, Foxconn, well not Foxconn, I wont support a company that treats its employees as bad as it has been.

MSI had something I wanted but lacked something else too. So I went with ASUS again

If I do have issue with this board, its cause of that stupid onboard ATI GPU.

Comment

ASRock rocks.... though I currently have an ASUS X58 board.
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                      I'll not be buying any more ASUS mobos. This last problem with the built-in ethernet connection has me pissed. The atheros l1 gigabit ethernet built in is just absolute crap. I was sure that it was software causing my ethernet connection to drop, as it was originally only on piece of software that caused me. Recently it was another, and then another... Today it was the Blizzard downloader. So I finally start researching the problem and it turns out that LOTS of people have the same issue with the ethernet controller built into the ASUS Mobo. I found an 8yo 10/100 ethernet card at work, plugged it in and everything zooms right along.

The very first ASUS mobo I had was great. But I've had 3 more after that and each has had some issue. Next build, it won't be an ASUS.
                      Yep,I have a P5KPL in this machine and had the exact same problem. Felt bad though. I gave the tech support people hell at the ISP we have. Thought it was on their end. Popped a $9 nic card in and away I went. Havent had any trouble since.

But I was totally frustrated. Couldnt figure it out. Funny thing, it would work with some stuff and wouldnt with others. Would connect to the net, but wouldnt connect to everything. Blew my mind.

Gigabyte or EVGA for my next build. I like their utilities and software that come with their products. I've used Asus, Abit, and DFI. I know I'm old scool.But to be honest, the DFI was the fastest out of those 3. But, the king of all boards was an old 486 Blue Lighting MB from Intel. Man that thing could render Autocad 13 faster than anything in the same class at that time with 32mb pci video.
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X