No announcement yet.

Free copy of Vista Ultimate or other MS software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, so long as it prys into that pc only, and not the rest of the network, i'll have to install it. after all. 3 months and i can get a 64bit os for the future, i am all good!

thing is, i don't see anything about getting the "free" software. where are thedetails for that?

Comment

The deal is now dead, as it was a 'While Supplies Last' promotion.

As far as what it collects, here is the official word from MS:

How does CEIP work?
      When you choose to participate, Windows automatically sends information to Microsoft about how you use certain products. Information from your computer is combined with other CEIP data to help Microsoft solve problems and to improve the products and features customers use most often.

Will CEIP collect information about all products on my computer?
      No. CEIP only collects information about Microsoft products and you must choose to participate on a product-by-product basis.

Additional data collection
      The following list describes some examples of additional data collection our software performs:

* Windows settings and usage, such as the number of user accounts on the computer and the view settings for Control Panel (that is, if you use the default Category view or the Classic view to display Control Panel).
      * Details about your computer hardware, such as processor type and speed (as well as the number of processors), system memory, video memory, and other hardware configuration information.
      * File and folder information, such as the number of files and folders located in common places (for example, in Documents).
      * Which programs you open (for example, which application you use to read your e-mail).
      * Changes you make to your hardware or software.
      * Problems you encounter, such as application crashes.

Its only three months, and I can invest in a lil spyware over that time, simply because we are becoming conditioned to accept it. I remember my rants about the EA ads in BF2142, and several regulars stating that 'Its just a freakin' ad, it doesn't bother me in-game', so I've joined the devil's brigade and sacrificed my PC soul for some MS software.
      I really don't need another copy of Vista, but I love spares of anything, so this just relieves me from having to buy a copy down the road at some point. I wish that Windows Home Server would have been available as a freebie, as I would have installed their spyware on ALL of my PCs to get that free !!
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

awww. thats no fun.. back to normal life then i suppose.

Comment

I did it yesterday so hopefully I am good :P

Comment

I got it for me. And my wife got it too.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Got it this morning. It's still open y'all!
              [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
              You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Just received my Vista Ultimate DVD today ! Anyone else get confirmation that it shipped ?? I got an email about a week ago that it was shipped and it arrived today.

Bonus: It contains BOTH a 32 bit -> AND <- a 64 bit version of the DVD, PLUS the product key for BOTH. Two free copies !!!
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I got nothin :/
                  [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                  You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

apparently i was too late too

Comment

I received a few emails over the past month, this last one dated 4/24:

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

Today we just wanted to send you a quick notification that your free product has been shipped.

Please allow a few days for arrival. If you have not received your free product by May 2nd, 2008, please send an email to this address indicating "product not arrived" in the subject line.

Abother dated 4/10:

On April 15, 2008, a new version of the Windows Feedback Panel (WFP) software and an updated Privacy Statement will be available on the Windows Feedback Panel program website. Please take a moment to review these updates, as the new version of the WFP software will automatically update the current version on your PC.

This one on 3/28:

This message is to notify you that we are ready to ship your product. Please allow until end of April for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

If you guys didn't get these, then they didn't have you registered with them for using the software. I should have updated my OP with these as well. Sorry for not doing that ... my bad.

Comment

I got my shipping conformation last week too. I am still waiting to get it though.
                        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

oh well... maybe there'll be another opportunity...

oh wait, its micro$oft, not likely. I read they reduced prices but its still too expensive.

Comment

Vista, blah. I'll wait for the next OS and see if it's any good tyvm.
                            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I got mine while I was out of town. I did not see it until last night. WT you should be able to use both in different computers. I have a different key code for each one.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I got my wife's yesterday. She got Office 2007 Ultimate.
                                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X