Gigabyte X58 board - $700 ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte X58 board - $700 ?!?!?!

HOLY CRAP !!! When you can build a basic budget gamer rig for $700, why on Earth would anyone fork out that amount JUST FOR THE BOARD ???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...16813128446&nm

I realize the X58 is the cream of the crop, but I'm glad I got out of my bi-yearly upgrade cycle when I see crap like this. And I don't mean crap as in the product, but the fact that Intel charges so much for that chipset is just a crime.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

That's crazy.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

How could I guess that it would be an Intel product?

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        How could I guess that it would be an Intel product?
        Because it works flawlessly and amazingly, with extremely thought of design and ideas? Or is it because it costs a bit more than AMD and works about 25 times better and trouble free? I don't know- choose one

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          Because it works flawlessly and amazingly, with extremely thought of design and ideas? Or is it because it costs a bit more than AMD and works about 25 times better and trouble free? I don't know- choose one
          Meh, they dirty. I'll take a rig that's one third the cost and can play any game out there over Intel and their shady business operations.

Comment

Meh, they dirty. I'll take a rig that's one third the cost and can play any game out there over Intel and their shady business operations.
            I'm an AMD convert too.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Ironically, that is the same argument with PC against Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                Ironically, that is the same argument with PC against Mac.
                If Macs played games and I could build my own, I'd still have one (and if half the cost wasn't for stylistic design...I just want what's on my monitor to look good).

Comment

Nah, the Intel issues is the fact that they have three sockets on the market (I'm including s775 since they are still available in open channel retail) and both the 1156 and 1366 are already announced to be EOL after 2011. If you want to upgrade from any of the two lower models, you .. CAN'T !!!

If you had bought AMD with a lowly AM2+ board two years ago, you can drop a $200 1090T six core chip in (with a BIOS update) and you just upgraded it by simply swapping out the CPU. Hell, even AM2 boards are offering spotty 1090T support !!!

I picked up this super budget Biostar NF520A board for $25 and I'm curious if I could run the 6 core CPU on it. For you guys that upgrade a system (board, RAM, CPU) every year, its no big deal. For someone looking to milk a board for 2+ years but still have an upgrade option to a very fast chip, AMD is clearly the only option.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

because it's "ultra durable"
                    [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_ View Post
                      because it's "ultra durable"
                      Geez, sounds like a Trojanz advertisement

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X