Helping a friend build a gaming comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping a friend build a gaming comp

Ok guys i know i make alot of these posts, but i am helping yet another friend build a comp. he has a $750 budget for a tower + monitor, he already has a keyboard and mouse and headset. He is going to be using this for gaming mostly but he also does 3d rendering in Maya and 3dsMax so it would need a pretty powerful GPU and CPU. Thx in advance guys!

This going to be a tough one. Apps like Maya love Quad Cores, lots of RAM and workstation type gfx card. $750 on the tower could probably get you something decent but adding the monitor into the mix is what makes it difficult.

How serious of a Maya/3dsMax user is he?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      This going to be a tough one. Apps like Maya love Quad Cores, lots of RAM and workstation type gfx card. $750 on the tower could probably get you something decent but adding the monitor into the mix is what makes it difficult.

How serious of a Maya/3dsMax user is he?
      I was going to say the same thing because i have been pricing a rig for a neighbor and I can build a nice tower for $750.00 but the monitor would put it over the top. I was waiting the see what Juneau and Darth would come up with.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

he wants to be able to make money at it eventually. he is training for a career in 3d art and design. he has an 11 inch monitor, and the monitor is not a huge priority so building the comp is the 1st priority.

Comment

11" monitor?
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

11"? lol. The monitor should be a big priority. It's a piece of hardware that is very important for any graphics work.

I personally think he should up his budget.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
              11" monitor?
              That's what she... wait wut?

Comment

well the monitor is a priority but not as much as the tower. i have a 23" one he can borrow till he gets his up.

Comment

ok refocus on the tower.....
                  im useless for this type of help.....

Comment

lol, if he wants to pay for shipping, i have like 7-8 17" and a 19" in my shed lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X