No announcement yet.

Need quick help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably be inclined to start looking at sound card driver issues.

Comment

PJ A few questions.

Who built your PC?

If it was a company they should have a support page and you can find driver information there. If you don't know then use the app Apache linked to or a program like this.
      SiSoftware Zone

The lite version is free for a period and it will tell you more than you could possibly imagine about your hardware.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Get a new mic. It costs like 5 bucks in best buy

Comment

Did you install mobo drivers? And soundcard (if applicable)? When I had to reinstall windows a few weeks ago I had this problem too, but I just reinstalled mobo drivers and things were back (after doing the control panel thing suggested). If you have another computer, or even access to one, try the mic there before assuming it's dead.

Comment

Alright went to reinstall drivers through....
            Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > update drivers

And i got a blank page litteraly its not showing anything is there im confused.

Comment

You probably need to download the drivers app.

Example.

1.I got to EVGA support. they build the MB and they have the drivers for my on board audio. Here is the page.
              EVGA | Support | Download Drivers

2.I the boot into safe mode and remove the old drivers with driver cleaner. You can skip this step.

3. I then run the app which will go step by step and install the drivers.

If you have any questions about this ask away.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Fixed the last problem but as always there is one after another....
                will most likely end up with another one soon, imma check the EVGA thing later duke all these computer problems are giving me a headache im going to book from my portable hard drive and just relax playing some solitaire.

Well im good for now and im sure there will be future problems, imma be a professional computer fixer up'er by the time im done

Comment

When you reinstalled your OS you did install all necessary drivers right? Chipset, GFX, sound, network etc.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    When you reinstalled your OS you did install all necessary drivers right? Chipset, GFX, sound, network etc.
                    Essentially that was about 3/4 of the problem yes, including the driver for the ethernet port.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X