X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wait.....that kind of looks like the 8800gtx I have

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
      just maybe 2 weks ago, nvidia had released some new drivers. these drivers were "melting" vid cards. after many complaints, they pulled the drivers.

Perhaps you DL'd one of these bad ones.
      I did but it was my own fault. But in my own defense you'd think that the company would at least know how to create drivers for their cards. But I was wrong. That plus I was too late figuring it out. Kinda hard to tell whats going on when the game just freeze's. But I should have clued in on the only thing that changed was the driver.

This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth for Nvidia cards. That plus ATI is rollin right along with good stuff. I'll prolly go ATI next time around.

I understand now why they never supported any drivers for laptops. Idiots didnt know how to do it. I'm down to one gaming machine, but its a good one so all is not lost. I'll try and pick up another card in a coulple of weeks. I'll let everyone know how that turns out.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
        I was wondering if I would ever have a chance to use this pic again, hears ot you Nvidia.

wow I'm slow. I thought he was wiring up something untill I had a good look. I see the stick and marshmallow lol... Thats a pretty Lian-Li case

Comment

That is a good one.
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
            Thats a pretty Lian-Li case
            Thanks, that was my first. I have made a few mods to it and it is a fine piece of equipment.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

hahaha, this is classic, great pic

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              I was wondering if I would ever have a chance to use this pic again, hears ot you Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                I understand now why they never supported any drivers for laptops. Idiots didnt know how to do it. I'm down to one gaming machine, but its a good one so all is not lost. I'll try and pick up another card in a coulple of weeks. I'll let everyone know how that turns out.
                I think the problem is that laptop video devices are much more custom than desktop. For desktop video, I always use the generic NVIDIA or ATI driver. For laptops, I'll only use the driver provided by the laptop maker.
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                  I think the problem is that laptop video devices are much more custom than desktop. For desktop video, I always use the generic NVIDIA or ATI driver. For laptops, I'll only use the driver provided by the laptop maker.
                  I think you're right, I used the Laptop2go drivers for the last 3 years. Never got a bad one.Not that they were the manufacturers but they were dang good modders whoever they were. I dont know what I was thinkin. Maybe thinkin didnt have anything to do with it.

I still think those people at Nvidia are idiots. To qoute myself when I frag Phantom.

"Thats what you get "
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                    I did but it was my own fault. But in my own defense you'd think that the company would at least know how to create drivers for their cards. But I was wrong. That plus I was too late figuring it out. Kinda hard to tell whats going on when the game just freeze's. But I should have clued in on the only thing that changed was the driver.

This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth for Nvidia cards. That plus ATI is rollin right along with good stuff. I'll prolly go ATI next time around.

I have not ever ventured into the ATI world. i guess i never know what their numbers mean. Perhaps ill give them a shot though the next time i need a card.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                      I have not ever ventured into the ATI world. i guess i never know what their numbers mean. Perhaps ill give them a shot though the next time i need a card.

I used ATI cards for the first 10 years when I first starting building my own machines. Never had the first problem with them

Went from ISA to PCI then to AGP. When the PCI-e cards came out is when I switched to Nvidia. Wish I would have stuck with ATI. But I guess I cant really blame my problems on one item. Although I'd like to.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X