New PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PSU

Well my PSU blew on me they other day when my wife was doing me a favour and blowing all the dust out of my rig....thankfully I have a wonderful mom and sister who pitched in to send me $$ for a new PSU for my BDay...

My old PSU - Canada Computers - Power Supplies > High Performance : OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply - NVIDIA SLI-Ready, Active PFC, 120mm LED Fan (OCZ700GXSSLI). Which I found out is **** as it died after barely 3yrs of having it

My new PSU - Canada Computers - Power Supplies > High Performance : Antec EA-750 EarthWatts 750W Continuous Power Supply. One thing I love about this PSU is all the extra sets of wires I choose what I need and just plug them into the Unit instead of having a mess of wires in my rig

I had a GameXStream 600 that I had no issues whatsoever with. Luck of the draw, as they are not bad by any stretch of the imagination unless you compare it to top of the line PSUs.

I can't even remember what PC I had it in - either one that I sold to HHG or another that I gave to a friend for helping me refurb my trailer.

Its like hard drives - everyone favors a brand, but typically only because a drive from the competitor failed on them last. I have had the following drives fail on me:

Connor
    Micropolis
    Maxtor
    Hitachi
    Fujitsu
    Samsung
    Seagate
    Western Digital

Did I cover them all ?? So, if I based all my purchases on past failures, there wouldn't be any brands left !! In fact, I have a box of 30+ failed/fried Antec 350 Smartpower units at work, so based on that I could call Antec's line crap too.

My wife doesn't touch my PC .. she knows better. Hope the new PSU serves you well for many years.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Yea well i was reading some reviews and the ones I came across stated that Antec make some of the most SOLID PSU's around...wish I would have done that earlier as I found that every review on OCZ's PSU's puts them close to the bottom of the list

Comment

Antec are great PSU's Zan. You made a good choice there. Corsair and Seasonic are two other great brands. OCZ usually come somewhere in the middle for me. They're well priced but use average components; and up until recently looked a little tacky. A bit like Samsung when it comes to TV's.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X