Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSD - Which one to take?

Hey guys!

I'd like to buy a SSD and currently favour the Intel X25-M G2 (80 GB).

Though I don't know If there's something better for the buck?!

Grisu
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

I would wait a while longer before buying on because they are about to drop in price.

Comment

Aren't they always?
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
        Aren't they always?
        Yer but they are the next gen ones coming range in for 500gig to 1TB. and also the new one's are Sata 3 ones
        Last edited by Ghost_Rain; 10 Jan 2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
          Yer but they are the next gen ones coming range in for 500gig to 1TB.
          LOL those are gonna be at least 1500+

Talk about bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
            Hey guys!

I'd like to buy a SSD and currently favour the Intel X25-M G2 (80 GB).

Though I don't know If there's something better for the buck?!

Grisu
            Look at the Crucial M225 range. Intels offerings are waaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced for the little extra performance you get which is close to negligible in real world terms.

I would wait a while longer before buying on because they are about to drop in price.
            Any news source? Wouldn't mind reading up on this?

Yer but they are the next gen ones coming range in for 500gig to 1TB. and also the new one's are Sata 3 ones
            Again, news source? Considering the mainstream models are 128gb i doubt we'll be seeing 500gb to 1tb anytime soon. The manufacturers could make it but they prefer slow progression to increase profit.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
              Look at the Crucial M225 range. Intels offerings are waaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced for the little extra performance you get which is close to negligible in real world terms.

Any news source? Wouldn't mind reading up on this?

Again, news source? Considering the mainstream models are 128gb i doubt we'll be seeing 500gb to 1tb anytime soon. The manufacturers could make it but they prefer slow progression to increase profit.
              this where u are wrong from what I read in a pc mag WD and Intel are about to release two new SSD with 500gig sata 3 models

Comment

Quoted from Anand's latest SSD review:

Current roadmaps put the next generation of Intel SSDs out in Q4 2010, although Intel tells me it will be a "mid-year" refresh. For the mainstream market the capacities are 160GB, 300GB and 600GB. I'm guessing we'll see 160GB down at $225, 600GB at $500+ and the 300GB drive somewhere in between. The X25-E also gets a much needed upgrade with 100GB, 200GB and 400GB capacities.

Competition is a good thing. We need companies to not only keep Intel aggressive on price, but competitive on features as well. Indilinx did the former and it looks like SandForce is going to do the latter.
                http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3702
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

this where u are wrong from what I read in a pc mag WD and Intel are about to release two new SSD with 500gig sata 3 models
                  I wasn't wrong per se. But i didn't state that i hadn't read any news sources and based it from past HDD knowledge.

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                  Quoted from Anand's latest SSD review:

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3702
                  Thanks WT. Just trying to think how these will be priced in the UK. 256GB models currently set you back around ?500. Taking into the account of the price dropping when the these larger drives are released i'd imagine the 600GB drive will be roughly ?750. And to that i say LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think I'm gonna hold off until next year on an SSD, as well as an i7 build. Saving up 2k+ for a second ATV isn't going well, so I can't buy anything for the PC until I buy that.

That 2k would go verrrry far in building a nice i7/SSD rig.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X