• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Mouse

I'm thinking about a wireless mouse...

Thoughts ??

suggestions ??

I remain a cord guy because wireless mice used to suck for gaming, with the additional latency.

Used to ?? When did they not suck ??

Sorry, but my cord is never going to go away on my gamer rig. I love my Logitech MX518, but it is getting rather long in the tooth at this point, and hard to find due to newer models now available.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I have the Microsoft Wireless Laser 5000 on my work computer and love it. The smooth scrolling wheel is a nice feature. Couple of extra buttons. Never tried gaming with it though, other then Solitare.

I've been thinking about a new mouse myself for my gaming pc... I love my G5 but I'm guessing I'm getting old, my arm and hand get sore after a few hours playing with it, have to pop a couple of Aleve's.

I've looked at trackballs but they just seem to be lagging way behind as far as any that would be suitable for gaming, dpi wise. Doesn't seem to be any new developments with them at all, the same models have been around for years.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I have been using wireless mice for years. I hate having a cord. Mine works great for me gaming but, then I usually suck any way.
        I have used Microsoft wireless, logitec wireless and my current Razer Mamba.
        Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I used to have a MX Revolution from logitech before I got my G9 and the only thing I miss really is my thumb scroll. Maybe two times I used the mouse in a way where its being wireless mattered.

The most annoying thing is when you run it till the battery is almost dead, then forget to charge it overnight. Now you are sol when you come back to the computer for some games and such because your mouse needs charge time. And eventually the battery lasted less and less.

It did plenty o killin in cod4 though.
          Motivate

Comment

The last two I had never ran out of juice. Both used a charging cradle and I made it a habit to dock it when I was not using the muse.
            My first wireless mouse used replaceable batteries and I always kept spares on my desk.
            Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Im still using the original Logitech MX Laser wireless mouse, think ive been using it for like 7 years now and the battery can still hold a charge for two 14 hour days of gaming

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
                Im still using the original Logitech MX Laser wireless mouse, think ive been using it for like 7 years now and the battery can still hold a charge for two 14 hour days of gaming
                I had that one for almost that long. It is/was a great gaming mouse. Mine died when I knocked it off my desk.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I had a wiresless mouse up until recently where i went back to wired. I noticed a big difference. Tbh i think it depends on the mouse.

Comment

I don't use wireless mice for gaming but I have had two at home and I didn't have an issue with them but one died and then my wife kept forgetting to charge the other so we are all wired now.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I use a wireless bluetooth mouse for my laptop, and don't have any problems with it. Alas, I don't know if I would use a wireless one for gaming.

I've had two wireless MS mice over the past three years and have had nothing but problems with them. I find them not very responsive a majority of the time, and the battery gage to be unreliable. Not only that, but the MS ones which I've purchased come with this 'hulk'-en wireless receiver which is not very attractive.

Comment

I have used both, and you CANNOT get around the wireless latency. Wired mice will always have a better response time and accuracy than wireless.

Especially if you have radio devices like modems, cell phones, and cordless telephones in the same room.

I went back and bought the Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Mouse. They a more recent version, and a few more that have weights you can use to give your mouse the feel you want.

Couple of considerations were that it needed a good DPI and it had to be adjustable with at least 5 buttons. I like having two thumb buttons and this was the right mouse for me.

Comment

wired mouse FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            I have been using wireless mice for years. I hate having a cord. Mine works great for me gaming but, then I usually suck any way.
                            I have used Microsoft wireless, logitec wireless and my current Razer Mamba.
                            Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

Apache
                            That mouse looks hawt

Comment

I used a Logitech g7 for a year or so, great mouse comes with 2 rechargable battries, its an actual gaming mouse.

Joe

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X