New PC for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
    Couldnt he just run in RAID 5? Then if a drive failed, he plugs the new one in and BOOM it rebuilds it?

Just asking as I am in no way a RAID expert LOL
    I was thinking RAIDS 5 but then i thought of the price. And considering that it's always best to have a seperate storage drive it wouldn't really matter that much if the RAID setup died one day. Sure it may take you an hour or two to get everything setup again, but if you're that bothered about having a quick option to rebuild i'd always go with a seperate solution and some imaging software like Acronis.

Or maybe he should just go SSD.......

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by juneau; 30 Nov 2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I think you get get three of theses in a RAID 5. Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Its too bad the 640m GB model sold this weekend when it went on sale for $49.00 with free shipping.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Juneau if you were getting a new CPU and Motherboard, what would you get ??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          Juneau if you were getting a new CPU and Motherboard, what would you get ??
          I would get the motherboard i linked to above in my main post and then probably a Intel E8400. It all depends on what you mean by a 'LONG' time.

Comment

I'm headed that route !!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X