Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would be the difference..??

Comment

this is wat i have so far...what do you think and i have a case and cd drive and hard drive already....???

Comment

Newegg.com Shopping Cart

Comment

I cant see your cart you will have to list the items on forums.

The card you listed is clocked at 900mhz, the 1 i listed is clocked at 965mhz and is cheaper.

Both cards only seem to have a 2 year warranty also.
          Last edited by Donziboy2; 26 Oct 2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Try to find an EVGA card. They have lifetime warranties.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Try to find an EVGA card. They have lifetime warranties.
              Apache
              But then he'd be stuck with nvidia and end up with a lesser card.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                But then he'd be stuck with nvidia and end up with a lesser card.
                Dont start with the fanboy crap or im gona slap the crap outa you.
                He chose ati and I pointed him at the most powerful model for under $200.

Comment

I have to say I been using an Ati 4890 card for about 10 months now I did have one faulty card which was XFX 4890 but sine getting a replacement card I can't fault them and yes I used to be a Nvida Fan boy but Ati cards have turned out to be a nice card.

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
                    Dont start with the fanboy crap or im gona slap the crap outa you.
                    He chose ati and I pointed him at the most powerful model for under $200.
                    Errr? Fanboy crap? Apache told him to get a EVGA card, and as EVGA only make Nvidia cards, so he'd be stuck with a lesser card for his budget (GTX260). All facts.

Just because a range is better, why does that make me a fanboy? The best card to get right now when price and performance is taken into account is the ATI 5850. And that's because Nvidia don't have a new card on the table.... not because i'm a fanboy.

I go with whatever is best at the time, and fits a specific budget.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      Errr? Fanboy crap? Apache told him to get a EVGA card, and as EVGA only make Nvidia cards he'd be stuck with a lesser card for his budget (GTX260). All facts.
                      That true.

Comment

The last few times I bought ATI I always ended up having problems with the card. I am not saying that ATI is crap. I just had the bad luck to buy lemons.
                        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The last few times I bought ATI I always ended up having problems with the card. I am not saying that ATI is crap. I just had the bad luck to buy lemons.
                          Apache
                          I bought a Lemon XFX 4890 card but once I got a refund I bought the Radeon 4890 card and 10 months later no problems with it.

Comment

OK, chatted with him again last night. Everything ordered, and he went with the HIS 4890 that Donzi linked up. It was a better price and faster core than the one he had on his wish list, so that was a no brainer.

I would have liked to have added the 5850 for $60 more, but we had already gone $30 over budget and that was not good. I do like the parts ordered, and I'm sure he will get a lotta gaming out of it for the money.

Sad part is he finally has a PC faster than what I run. Not that it bugs me, as my interests are changing, but I will eventually build a new rig next year and put him in his place again.

I can still whup his arse in UT3 any day of the week
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH48901GD5 Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
                              And I was going to list this one from Asus.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Apache
                                Do i detect a user error?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X