New Temps.. wewt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Temps.. wewt

So a few weeks ago, i posted about possibly alrming high temps on my vid cards. Since then, i went ahead and bought the cooler master CM690

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I also picked up a new cpu cooler
    Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Not trying to be a cooler master whore, but they had free shipping, and on a case, that can make a big difference in cost.

Anyway, temps on cpu were at like 43C idle, up to 58-59C under load. Right now i am at 32C idle, sometime i get up to 41 under load, cool down times are fast too!

Since i got the bigger case, my vid cards went from being into the 90s on card #1 and high 80's on #2 to being at about 65C under load.
    I had just an old mid tower with 2 92 mm case fanes( they were just 80mm until the heat started) I guess it was time to upgrade my case, and im glad i did.
    This case was really cheap. its well built, and you can upgrade the 120mm fans to 140 if needed, also allows for a 120/140mm cpu fan on side, 120/140 for gpu's, 2 on bottom of case, 2 on top of case, as well as one of back for vent, and the one in front pushing in. It has a bottom mount PSU , which i must say i like. It also has a spot for an 80mm fan on the back side of the cPU, i just need a slim profile one, like 80x80x15 instead of the standard 80x80x25,
    I like my cooler as well as it rocks out on my socket 775 dual core, and since its i7 compatable, i can use it in the future without having to buy a new one( this was a great deal as well, it looks like they took some time to make it fit extra well into a coolermaster brand case, the way the fans line up are great)

I have just ordered the same Cpu cooler it as great reviews and it ideal for the price.

Comment

i like the dual fan, and the fans have a shroud? case? that would allow them to be replaced if/when they go out. a lot of the coolers in the similar price/performance range had loose fans i will call them, and if they went out, would be a real pain to replace.

The mounting hardware was all included, as well as a tube of compound. It attaches with or without a backplate( i didnt risk it, back plate attached) I had a bit of a problem getting the last bolt to thread but honestly it was no harder than getting the stock fan clips for a 775 in.

Comment

Good temps but they were exactly bad to begin with.

If you really want to test your CPU load temps download Coretemp and IBT (Intel Burn Test).

Comment

nah, they werent bad, but not ideal. i had a little extra to spend, and that was a low cost solution. I have a case that will handle any upgrade, and a cooler to match.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X