Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P45 or X48 and Need Other Suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P45 or X48 and Need Other Suggestions...

K, I'm looking to buy a 775, DDR2, CrossFire board. If anyone has had any experience with either chipset that I listed in the title, your input would be appreciated. I am leaning toward the X48 at the moment but that could change. I have it down to two boards , I'm still looking around at others.
    I've been looking at the DFI LanParty brand (UT and Dk) but I have no experience with them. Anyway, any info on those chipsets and maybe other boards would help.

Here are the two I have in mind, the X48 is the one I am leaning toward...

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=ASUS

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=ASUS

If I was going for looks I'd get the Maximus II, Sweet looking for sure.
    Last edited by Faust; 13 Aug 2009, 12:35 AM. Reason: Add "Need" to title
    Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

Is this your first time buying into the LGA775 socket? Any reason as to why you'd prefer buying one of the more expensive chipsets than say the P35 range which can be had for a lot cheaper? My IP-35 Pro is P35 and is still considered to be one of the best LGA775 motherboards ever made.

The 2 you linked to are also over priced for what they are. However, if you do have your heart set on P45/X48 i'd look at these 2 great boards.

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 Intel X48
    Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards (can't find this board on NCIX)

Asus P5Q Deluxe Intel P45
    NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5Q Deluxe ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN eSATA 1394 Motherboard - P5Q-Deluxe In Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      Is this your first time buying into the LGA775 socket? Any reason as to why you'd prefer buying one of the more expensive chipsets than say the P35 range which can be had for a lot cheaper? My IP-35 Pro is P35 and is still considered to be one of the best LGA775 motherboards ever made.

The 2 you linked to are also over priced for what they are. However, if you do have your heart set on P45/X48 i'd look at these 2 great boards.

I have a Asus P5B-E (Great board) and I also have a EVGA 680i that I run two 8800GTS's in SLI. I have a C2D E6300 (Conroe default=1.86, smooth OCer) and a C2D E8600 (Wolfdale default=3.33). I'm going to put the P5B to rest for a bit and build a CrossFire rig. I'm not too worried about price. I was wondering if anyone had anything to add about those chipsets before I dive in.

I have a few things to do right now but I'll give these boards a look over later tonight. Nothing is in stone and the way I change my mind I make my wife look idle (As I look over my shoulder to see if shes around ). Post later in the morning.
      Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

Comment

Originally posted by f?u?t View Post
        i Have A Asus P5b-e (great Board) And I Also Have A Evga 680i That I Run Two 8800gts's In Sli. I Have A C2d E6300 (conroe Default=1.86, Smooth Ocer) And A C2d E8600 (wolfdale Default=3.33). I'm Going To Put The P5b To Rest For A Bit And Build A Crossfire Rig. I'm Not Too Worried About Price. I Was Wondering If Anyone Had Anything To Add About Those Chipsets Before I Dive In.

I Have A Few Things To Do Right Now But I'll Give These Boards A Look Over Later Tonight. nothing Is In Stone And The Way I Change My Mind I Make My Wife Look Idle (as I Look Over My Shoulder To See If Shes Around ). Post Later In The Morning.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X