AM3 Cpu qustion regarding windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM3 Cpu qustion regarding windows 7

Hi guy I'm playing with the idea of build a rig just for gaming, My question is anyone on the lair with an Am3 Cpu build running windows 7 RC and what spec is your rig so I can get a view of parts I need to buy.

Any particular reason why you want AM3?
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
      Any particular reason why you want AM3?
      No I have an I7 at the moment and I just want to build a total gaming rig.

Comment

Best Gaming CPU for the Money.

Check that out. CPU hierarchy on last page.

The E8500 Wolfdale is priced really well considering I bought mine about a year ago and its idling nicely at 3.8ghz with no cpu voltage added.

Comment

Why can't you just game on your I7 rig?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            Why can't you just game on your I7 rig?
            I can but i have scarped the idea of AM3 now because the Insurance company are about to pay out for my old damaged Motherboard and CPU so I'm going to swap out the memory and motherboard what in now and replace it with the Evga motherboard and some 1800mhz memory and buy 2 300 gig raptor drivers.

So I will Have an Asus P6T board and 6 gig of memory and a 4890 card coming up for sale cheap.

Comment

Hey Ghost Rain. I think the Am3 would be great rig. I've got the Phenom II 940 3.0 Gig, but it's an AM2+, and it's a great CPU...with 4gigs of Mushkin Ram, it usually runs around 40% load max for something like COD4 on highest settings. The Am3 would be even better because it's up for the latest Ram. I've got a Gigabyte Mobo-MA790GP-UD4H...partly because the Asus at the time was always out of stock, but I actually think this one is better quality, compared to the last Asus boards I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                I can but i have scarped the idea of AM3 now because the Insurance company are about to pay out for my old damaged Motherboard and CPU so I'm going to swap out the memory and motherboard what in now and replace it with the Evga motherboard and some 1800mhz memory and buy 2 300 gig raptor drivers.

So I will Have an Asus P6T board and 6 gig of memory and a 4890 card coming up for sale cheap.
                Raptor drives are just a waste of money. The new 1tb drives from WD, Samsung and Seagate are just as fast. Or you could go SSD but they're not worth picking up yet due to the cost.

What will the EVGA motherboard do that your current one doesn't? Sounds like buying for the sake of buying to me.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  Raptor drives are just a waste of money. The new 1tb drives from WD, Samsung and Seagate are just as fast. Or you could go SSD but they're not worth picking up yet due to the cost.

What will the EVGA motherboard do that your current one doesn't? Sounds like buying for the sake of buying to me.
                  Yep I love to spend cash and I looked in the 1T WD Black drivers they run at Almost the same speed as the raptors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                    Yep I love to spend cash and I looked in the 1T WD Black drivers they run at Almost the same speed as the raptors.
                    The seagates run quicker.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X