Post your PC's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
    This first one here, I am just starting to build. When done, I need to snap some new pics... And yes, I do have an extraordinary amount of hardware here.....
    --Slaughter

Comment

These are the systems my daughter and I are rocking right now. I'm pretty proud of her she's 14 and for Christmas we built her second rig together, she was 9 when dabbled with her first.

My Rig:
      p1.jpg
      p2.jpg
      p3.jpg
      Processor: Intel i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
      RAM: 16 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
      SSD M2: Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB (For OS)
      SSD: Samsum 500gb
      Hard Drive: WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
      CASE: Cougar Panzer Evo

Spare Rig:
      p4.jpg
      p5.jpg
      This is a my former gaming rig. Intel 4 core, cheap Coolermaster Masterbox case, GTX 1060.
      It's for when my daughter or I have friends over we can have some mini lan action lol.

Daughter's Rig:
      p6.jpg
      p7.jpg
      p8.jpg
      Processor: RYZEN 5 2600

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F
      Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL-GTX1070-O8G 8GB
      RAM: 16 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
      SSD M2: Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB (For OS)
      Hard Drive: WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
      CASE: AZZA Storm Series in White

I'm really tempted to upgrade to the RTX series graphics cards, but my gut is telling me to wait.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

interesting case on the bottom one.
        Why did you not go liquid cooled for the CPU?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          My Daughter picked that case because it reminded her of the character Sombra from the game Overwatch. It's Ginormous lol.

I might go liquid cooling on my next build. Waiting to see what the next releases from AMD look like. I want to build a 16 core machine. A custom water set up would be fun for that build. I really like the Deepcool Gammax coolers they are pretty efficient. The RGB looks really nice and I can run my 8600K @ 5ghz on it. I haven't OC'd my daughter's rig yet so I cant how it works for AMD. They are on the huge side though.
          p9.jpg
          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
            My Daughter picked that case because it reminded her of the character Sombra from the game Overwatch. It's Ginormous lol.

I might go liquid cooling on my next build. Waiting to see what the next releases from AMD look like. I want to build a 16 core machine. A custom water set up would be fun for that build. I really like the Deepcool Gammax coolers they are pretty efficient. The RGB looks really nice and I can run my 8600K @ 5ghz on it. I haven't OC'd my daughter's rig yet so I cant how it works for AMD. They are on the huge side though.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1395[/ATTACH]

Thank you for posting the PCs, they look amazing!! Your daughter sounds like she would have been a great CLR back in the day! I'm sad she missed all the fun we had. That's fantastic that you have something to share with her, gaming and building PCs. Love that!

I keep looking and holding out hope we will have another game here...

Take care!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              I'm still scared of water coolers - I keep reading about leakage.

I'm a HUGE fan of Noctua CPU coolers. Easy to mount and they work amazingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                I'm still scared of water coolers - I keep reading about leakage.

I'm a HUGE fan of Noctua CPU coolers. Easy to mount and they work amazingly well.
                I had one leak on my Ibuypower system after two years. It was a crap one and I can't recall the brand, replaced with a Corsair H55 and it killed the mobo, thankfully not my graphics cause it crapped all over it. I'm running an Corsair H110i GTX in my latest build and a Corsair H60 in my wife's and they are on 2 1/2+ years now with no issue. My wife's system is overkill cause she does nothing on her's but check email, work stuff, youtube and facebook. Mine, it gets 16 hrs of run time at least per day and I have total war running 6-7 hours of it even if Im not there. Even on the days I work, it is running. No issues to date. I can't really speak for a lot of brands but Corsair and NZXT closed loop systems seem to be able to take a beating.

Comment

I have been using the Corsair closed systems for years and have never had a leak.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Well my PC has had a bit of a forced upgrade, my motherboard died and couldn't be replaced with another X99 board as they're now end of life. Place I bought it from kindly offered to replace both the CPU and motherboard with an upgrade to the X299 platform so currently running an ASUS Prime X299 DELUXE II and a core i9 7940X overclocked to 4.6GHz.

As forced upgrades go I'm enjoying it
                    UT2004, FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X