Malicious program CoD 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malicious program CoD 4

Today, I thought I would click on the single player mode and mess around in there a bit just to create a profile, (new disc). Anyway, when I clicked on the startup icon on the desktop, ZoneAlarm prevented a file from executing called "~E5.0001".

Does anyone have a clue if this is in the game or not, and why would ZoneAlarm raise such a fuss.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

sry man

Never saw anything like it.

Comment

New one on me One thing are you using a NoDvD/Cd Crack ? to run the game in SP

Comment

I have no idea.

Comment

For me if adaware is enabled it makes me arm a grenade and myter myself with it in Cod4....very wierd

Comment

You did'nt happen to download a no-dvd patch.....

Comment

It could be part of the "copy protection" system they use.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                For me if adaware is enabled it makes me arm a grenade and myter myself with it in Cod4....very wierd

Comment

Yeah at first I was like wtf...Why am I pulling the pin on a nade and then holding it???

Comment

I have never heard of anything like that mapes. I remember one time thought when i was playing some cod4 a while back that the textures on my gun got reallly messed up. It turned black and spiky and looked like a trashbag It was very strange. It went away in a little bit but i had some laughts from it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by McGillicuddy View Post
                      You did'nt happen to download a no-dvd patch.....
                      No, its a brand new disc. Never played the singleplayer on this one yet.
                      First time I tried to use it, the AV caught it and wouldn't execute it. Dunno. I think maybe it looks similar to a virus is the reason ZA is saying that.

But wait, as I'm thinkin about it. I didnt even have the disc in the machine. . I'll try it with the disc in, I know it wont run without it and thats the first time I actually even clicked on the icon to try it. But the disc is in the box. Doh...
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X