Are You Certifiable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Certifiable?

Test your skills! For those of you who are looking into IT, getting some MS Cert or other check this out...

Microsoft Presents: Are You Certifiable?

You can use your MS login or as a guest.

Good Luck!
    Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

A lot of people who visit these forums are certainly certifiable. Oh wait you meant.......................
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The first question made me quit the test. The problem an end user at a branch office has connectivity issues. the only info you get is he's running a 192.168 IP. Your choices are

1.Manually configured IP
      2.Rogue DHCP server on network
      3.Internet connection sharing is down
      4.DSL line is down

Hmm well that sucks in my shoes I could rule out #3 cause there is no way in hell I'd be using ICS at a branch office...I would have a dedicated H/W VPN device. #4 could be ruled out cause I'm the network admin and you damn well betchya I got Cacti, Nagios and MRTG up and runing and if I lost the connection to the branch office I would damn well know about it. #1 is the answer...although they state the user is a semi technical user....wtf he wouldn't remember to change his IP back. Also I would have had him do a ipconfig /all and read me everything...I could tell if the interface was static or dhcp then. Thats why I answered #2 however I was wrong. Although it is a possibility. The reason they say it's wrong (and I'm guessing here) is that they assume the client would always try to renew it's lease from the same DHCP server. Thats a possibility although if the user was a laptop and after numerous times of not being able to renew, it will drop the lease info...

Stupid test. I'm so glad I've worked in IT/SQA for a ton of years now...I don't need a damn certificate or a degree for that matter.

The only cert I would be intrested in is a CCIE

Comment

I still have to get certified.
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I dunno about certified...but I agree with Apache, I'm certifiable!
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Lol this is pretty funny.
            So I reboot my Linux box today at work and I couldn't login as my normal user. So I login into the local root account. I figure out that I cannot ping the internal NIS server (unix authentication server kinda like loging into a Windows Domain)by FQDN. So I look at the DNS server IPs that the DHCP servers dished me and they are completely wired numbers. I can ping Google through em and other outside hosts just not internal hosts. So I go to our net admin whos a windows guy and say "wtf". He looks at the DHCP server config and says it's ok. So I take a wireshark trace of the dhcp negotiation. It shows that some random MS box is acting as a rogue DHCP server on the LAN. It's dishing out DNS server that prolly aid in man in the middle attacks or direct MS IE users to malware infested websites.... I just thought it funny that the only test I took in the trial was basically what I went through at work only this time I was right...it was a rogue DHCP server.

Comment

I failed misserable no good at doing anything without seeing it, and i only know the basics of all the more complexe stuff(if that makes sense)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X