Fallout 3 - Menu Selections Choppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout 3 - Menu Selections Choppy

For some reason, when I'm working in my PIP or doing Vendor transactions it's choppy...otherwise the game runs decent.

Any reason?

What's your specs and settings in-game? We need more info before we can help ya out Tony.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
      What's your specs and settings in-game? We need more info before we can help ya out Tony.
      I got a NVDIA 6800 GT...set to Low settings int he Menu Options BEFORE running the game 600x800

It's a 256 video card...actually started douing this whenI installed it on my other hard drive (from a 300 gig to an 80 gig) but I got 50 gigs of space left on that drive. So that might not be it.

Comment

You might want to try to increase the windows swap file in case your're low on Ram.

Also defrag your HDD.
        Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
          You might want to try to increase the windows swap file in case your're low on Ram.

Also defrag your HDD.
          I got 2 gigs of ram

Comment

a 6800? with 256mb of video ram? Well, it could be that the video card won't run it, or that you have a borked install. Only two main things I can think off right off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post
              I got 2 gigs of ram
              Sorry to tell you that games which are coded badly or run through a platform converter still need a (big) windows swap file. They ALWAYS need a swap file, even if they free system memory available! Have 3 GB myself.
              Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I have swap turned off.... No problems... but I have a 8800gts and amd 6000. Only 2gb of ram though.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
                  I have swap turned off.... No problems... but I have a 8800gts and amd 6000. Only 2gb of ram though.
                  Sidenote:
                  For me BF2 and BF2142 e.g. crash when I disable swap.
                  And I have a 8800gts (640 MB) as well.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X