Always see if a company does price-matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always see if a company does price-matching

The majority of the computer parts I ordered on Monday arrived Tuesday, and I have already set up the components:

Everything I have assembled at the moment I ordered from Newegg, the processor however, I ordered from Stalliontek, and the ETA for that it is 30th. It really would have been a good idea for me to check if Newegg did price-matching, but I suppose saving 40 dollars is worth the wait.

Also, I am in love with the case because it was 50 dollars, came with a 550w PSU, and it has a 240mm fan:

I will soon have a computer that can handle Photoshop CS4. Right now I am trying to decide between going into an SLI setup with 2 Evga 8600gt cards, or buying one MSI 8800gts.

i'd go with the 8800gts. the 8600 series of cards isn't that great... and SLIing them won't be much better.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
      i'd go with the 8800gts. the 8600 series of cards isn't that great... and SLIing them won't be much better.
      You are right, but I am also comparing the prices because I already have 1 8600gt, so getting the second one would only cost me around 40-50 dollars. On the other hand, if I do get another 8600gt I am forcing myself into getting rid of two cards down the road. In the end, my decision will probably rely on the current prices of the cards. If I can get an 8800gts for around 80 dollars, then it pretty much wins hands down.

Comment

Ebay is your friend...

EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 - eBay (item 330296260166 end time Dec-25-08 15:41:02 PST)

EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 - eBay (item 330296260187 end time Dec-25-08 15:41:20 PST)

EVGA 8800GT 512MB DDR3 HDCP PCI-e DX10 Superclocked - eBay (item 130277118715 end time Dec-26-08 12:02:38 PST)

Hurry up on the first two though... each only have half an hour left from time of this post before they close!
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Do not SLI that 8600GT! There is not point whatsoever. Dual cards are useful for high end resolutions, and even that's at a push.

Sell it and put the money towards a Ati 4850.

Comment

Well, now I know why I got such a great price on the processor. They sent me an engineering sample, from '05. Also the case was somehow designed in a manner that prevents me from actually fitting any of the components in. Very disappointing, in all of the reviews I read, not a single one mentioned the fact that the fan on the side of the case was positioned so perfectly that it takes up the slots for my hard drive and dvd drive.

Comment

ThermaltakeusaArmor+ : Armor+ VH6000BWS

I have one similar to this. If you need a case with a side fan, 23 cm is the way to go.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                ThermaltakeusaArmor+ : Armor+ VH6000BWS

I have one similar to this. If you need a case with a side fan, 23 cm is the way to go.
                Apache
                Go big or go home scenario huh?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  Go big or go home scenario huh?
                  Newegg.com - ASUS Rampage Extreme LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This is my motherboard and the side fan really knocks the temps down.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X