Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to know which is a better combo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to know which is a better combo....

Item#:N82E16813135047 & Item#:N82E16819115037 or,

would this combo be better

Item#:N82E16813157132 & Item#:N82E16819103289

Its basiclaly a faster Intel chip with what seems to be a slightly older mobo, or a slightly slower AMD chip and a better mobo. I am not too tech savvy, so i dont really know which combo here is better. I am choosing these particular boards as these seem to be the only ones that allow me to run my 2 vid cards( came down to SLI availability basically)

Now, the chips seem close. The prices when all is said and done are about the same as well. i get the AMD cheaper but pay more on the mobo, and opposite for the intel..

So, please one of you "tech guys" let me know what you think of the above items. I got those item numbers off "newegg", I dont know how to link them all nice and neat, so i guess if you woulndt mind copy/pasting a bit, id be stoked

amd black box 2.8 and a mobo with nvidia 750i( whatever that is)

the intel is a wolfdale 3.0 and mobo has 650i,,,
    i am guessing that the 750i is much better graphics wise?
    All the stuff on the amd chip i read says it EASILY clocks to 3.0 so i am wndering if anyone knows anything special about any of them. I know that some intel chips, the name of it has a lot to do with its performance.
    Last edited by Infamous; 21 Dec 2008, 05:49 PM. Reason: edited so people can read better.

ummm

Comment

was this supposed to help? thumbs up mean nothing to me unless you were actually saying which combo is thumbs up.....

next.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
        was this supposed to help? thumbs up mean nothing to me unless you were actually saying which combo is thumbs up.....

next.

Well I was slow at reading this cause I didn't have a clue to what your talking about. untill after I re-read the post and saw "newegg" sorry.

Comment

why post anything at all if you didnt know what i was talking about? no need to have this convo in public anymore, i already sent you a PM regarding it.

Comment

why post anything at all if you didnt know what i was talking about? no need to have this convo in public anymore, i already sent you a PM regarding it.
            we'll you did asked a question to me "was this supposed to help?" and I replied back

Comment

ok asshat, way to try and create an argument . You obviously knew your first answer didnt help, then you wanted to be a smart ass about it. " was this supposed to help" was a sarcasstic answer as its obvious your answer did not help. Now unless you have anything helpful to say about my initial question, i request you be quiet, or again, take it to PM's.

Comment

check your PM's as you obviously dont know what it means to not argue about it in public.
                but I did replied back in pm.

Comment

anyne have a legitemate actual answer about my hardware question?

Comment

You know what would help the most is links to the items... not item numbers. This way people can actually see the items in question.
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Well, the DDR2 1066 VS the DDR2 800 really depends on your processor, and at the end of the day DDR2 1066 is just OC'd DDR2 800.

And as for the MoBo's... just from reading the customer reviews... I would go with the one I have listed below.

Newegg.com - ECS NF650iSLIT-A LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X