Starbucks Reports low Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks Reports low Numbers

Starbucks’ Q4 earnings well below expectations - Sacramento Business Journal:

Interesting how when I was a child, 10 to 17, they used to talk about how much cigarettes cost, and how quitting will save you money.
    And health concerns.

They are releasing a few studies in the coming weeks about caffeine and the effects it has on the lining of the walls of your heart, how it deteriorates your arteries, and etc.

Cup of coffee is nearly 2.00 out here at Starbucks. You get a Latte with some works in it, thats nearly 4.00.

Pack of cigarettes is 4.50

Interesting how people are willing to spend on coffee, despite the health risk, and will buy the equivalent of 2 packs a day in coffee beverages....

Just conversational thinking here...

Caffeine is a wonderful drug But this doesn't surprise me. With McDonalds, chain convenience/gas stations, and other places popping up with lower prices and coffee that's *close* to being as good, Starbucks is going to see a slide in sales. If they though any different, they really need to take a look at their marketing and sales division, as well as take a look at their policies and pricing.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Dunkin Donuts is wayy better anyway!

Comment

I think the real impact is discretionary spending with the downturn in the market.

Two topics in one really-

caffeine is just as dangerous as nicotine, just one causes cancer and the other overworks your central nervous system and heart to the point of early failure. The avg cup of coffee was 8 oz way back when. Today it is 12 to 16 oz. Also, the average serving was 2 per day, and today it is also 2, but again, the we are talking about 24 oz to 32 oz vs. 16oz.

Second topic is that coffee is in competition with too many things and as we have less money to spend, coffee will be the first to go. Did you all know that it used to be a wise investment to invest in psychiatric/health and tobacco/alcohol during market downturns? The reason is that people will forgo all luxuries except drugs during stressful times.

Do you buy coffee or do you put 2 gallons of gas x 7 days into your car (effectively one tank of gas per average vehicle)? Starbucks habits are roughly equal to that, especially if you buy a newspaper and a pastry every other time you go in.

Very interesting that Starbucks has become a marketplace and consumer health barometer.....

Comment

Originally posted by unorignal View Post
          Dunkin Donuts is wayy better anyway!
          Amen Brotha!

Comment

I recently gave up my Dunkin Donuts to reduce my caffeine intake but it was soooo much better then Starbucks. I also remember a time when cash was tight that making our own coffee was one of the first things we wuld od to save cash.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'm caffeine free and have been for a couple of years now. But man did i have one hell of a headache for a few days when i quit.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                I'm caffeine free and have been for a couple of years now. But man did i have one hell of a headache for a few days when i quit.
                Me too. Although I was never a coffee drinker I did like my sodas.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Ok woah - Starbucks is cheap over there. A coffee is like 3-4bucks around here from what I've seen. And cigs are quite a bit more... you guys have cheap stuff lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X