i hate when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate when.....

a customer calls me and says "jeff i need this impossible to find obsolete item that i'm probably gonna return in 2 weeks and i need it yesterday" I tell him ill call him back, I find the item, but i still don't want the order b/c its just screaming trouble. So i triple the price so he will be like OMG TOO MUCH MONEY. I call him back and i'm like "hey man i got a 6 week lead time on this at $1500 a piece" next thing he says "AWESOME! Here is my purchase order!"

BAH! its just gonna get ugly from this point on.
    Anybody ever have that happen to them when you just want to walk away from an order?

Ok thats my rant of the day lol.

So what are you upset about? Don't you get to keep that markup of yours?

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Aren't special order items nonrefundable in your business?
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'll get orders in our frame shop that I know are gonna be a nightmare so I'll quote the customer with 10 hours of labor attached to scooch them away and they still place the order. And then it ends up taking 15 hours work.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          Aren't special order items nonrefundable in your business?
          Apache

ABSOLUTELY! For instance... we sell these beacons that go on ships. They are made special order from the factory in Germany with usually atleast 2 months lead time. Not only are they nonrefundable but they are non cancellable when they make the order with me. But that still technically doesn't guarantee that they won't throw a hissy fit if they want to return it. If They are a really good customer we sometimes work with them... but if its just joe blow, then thats his bad.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse