9/11 tribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/11 tribute.

I was listening to the fray on youtube and saw this... also noticed it's 9/11 again.

So here's to all those lost, all those that risked their lives to save others, and all those that had their loved ones lost.

YouTube - Tribute to 9/11 The Fray How to Save a Life

Hooah. Not only are the victims of this cowardly and horrific attack fresh and present in my mind, but the ones who perpetrated it as well.

We Have Not Forgotten.

Comment

Nice! I can't believe it's been seven years already.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
        Nice! I can't believe it's been seven years already.
        My wife called me this morning, she was crying.

Its taken a while for me , but I accept the fact that life goes on.
        We don't forget but we don't need 8 hours of media coverage either.

I'm OK with the whole thing, except the fact we should mandate a moment of silence in the schools at least in NY State.

The one thing that does bug me, there was nothing mentioned in our schools at all ?!?! I mean really..... I realize I no longer in within NYC but we are still in NY about 2 1/2 Hours away. There were alot of local people who lost relatives and such.

The school thing upsets me abit. But.....

Life Moves On.

We learn from the past to make a better future.

God Bless all those who were affected.

ViTO

My own reminder is very simple. I have flown an American Flag in front of my house since Sept 12, 2001. I will continue for the rest of my days. so 2,556 and counting.

Comment

Hey all,

You can call me un-American if you like but in my opinion, we do not need to be reminded of this every year. It's hard enough for the families, the friends and for the rest of the country already. Sure we can have our moments of silence and do our own things in memory of those whodied but we do not need the walkthroughs every year on 9/11.

For me, I say a prayer. And I'm not religious at all but I do for the families who can not.

I'm just saying that as big as it may have made an impact on our lives, we don't need to be reminded of it. Just learn from it and use it for a better future.

I apologize if offend anyone.
          [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by FieryDragon View Post
            Hey all,

You can call me un-American if you like but in my opinion, we do not need to be reminded of this every year. It's hard enough for the families, the friends and for the rest of the country already. Sure we can have our moments of silence and do our own things in memory of those whodied but we do not need the walkthroughs every year on 9/11.

For me, I say a prayer. And I'm not religious at all but I do for the families who can not.

I'm just saying that as big as it may have made an impact on our lives, we don't need to be reminded of it. Just learn from it and use it for a better future.

I apologize if offend anyone.
            I actually agree Fiery. We still get TV shows every year around this time and it didn't even happen here. It's almost as if the media has some sort of obsession.

People will remember and deal with it in there own ways.

My thoughts go out to everyone who lost somebody on that day.

Comment

"a moment of silence"

i also heard they closed down manhattan today from any outsiders. i might be wrong tho.
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by ViTO View Post
                My wife called me this morning, she was crying.

Its taken a while for me , but I accept the fact that life goes on.
                We don't forget but we don't need 8 hours of media coverage either.

I'm OK with the whole thing, except the fact we should mandate a moment of silence in the schools at least in NY State.

The one thing that does bug me, there was nothing mentioned in our schools at all ?!?! I mean really..... I realize I no longer in within NYC but we are still in NY about 2 1/2 Hours away. There were alot of local people who lost relatives and such.

The school thing upsets me abit. But.....

Life Moves On.

We learn from the past to make a better future.

God Bless all those who were affected.

ViTO

My own reminder is very simple. I have flown an American Flag in front of my house since Sept 12, 2001. I will continue for the rest of my days. so 2,556 and counting.
                Im with you on this one Vito. I have a very strong opinion on this. I was an indirect victim in that this event ruined the economy so bad that it took 2 years to get a job worthy of my degree.

This event was very traumatic to our family.

For one:
                I used to live off the take off runway at San Francisco Airport. They would take off away from us, and we were about 10 miles away, but the faucet in my kitchen lined up dead center with the dotted line down the runway.

It was our favorite place to live EVER until 9/11. I still remember leaving my house that morning and stopping in shock. For the first time in my life, I could not hear an airplane anywhere.

For two:
                There were several people my family knew that worked at the towers that never came out.

Comment

September 11th is this day and age's Pearl Harbor, and Veteran's Day. These dates are memorialized in infamy, for a terrible attack, or the end to a horrible conflict.

To forget these days is to forget who we are, and the trials we have endured.

Comment

That is why I am proud of my school district ViTO every school in Benton County has a moment of silence everyday after the Pledge of Alligience.
                    But for the most part. I agree with Fiery.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Crazy_Ace View Post
                      September 11th is this day and age's Pearl Harbor, and Veteran's Day. These dates are memorialized in infamy, for a terrible attack, or the end to a horrible conflict.

To forget these days is to forget who we are, and the trials we have endured.
                      I'm not saying to forget it, I'm saying that we, as a nation should deal with it in our own ways. We don't need the mass media to remind us of it. They just overdue it like everything else. We do not need to live in fear. This is our land and no one is going to make me live in fear in my own home!
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I'm not saying to forget it, I'm saying that we, as a nation should deal with it in our own ways. We don't need the mass media to remind us of it. They just overdue it like everything else. We do not need to live in fear. This is our land and no one is going to make me live in fear in my own home!
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by ViTO View Post
                          You mean the day that it happened?

I was in Elementary school when it happened and at the end of the day they even told us about it and passed out a letter from the school regarding various things about it.

Well said Firey, I agree!

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                          - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Every morning... I wake up and remember that we are dropping tons of iron onto the enemy... and then I smile. They drop iron on us... we drop it back 1000 fold. We had a nice reminder about that today at our flight stand-up from our flight chief...
                            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Seiko, all I have to say to that is hell-friggin-yeah.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X