No announcement yet.

EA "acquires" Bioware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im agreed with Tails.. sad union, I personally think Bioware would do better without the merger but..too late.

Comment

Well, according to BBC News, EA threw down $855 million (422m pounds) for Bioware and Pandemic.

Originally posted by BBC News
      US games giant Electronic Arts (EA) is to buy two video game studios for $855m (?422m) in a deal adding role-playing and action titles to its portfolio.
      Link: Electronic Arts in $855m Purchase

I knew EA was big, but didn't believe them to already be the largest publisher. They just keep growing, too...somehow. You think when you get to the point, as a company, where you can easily throw around $855 million, you'd be more concerned about making quality games over more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune

I knew EA was big, but didn't believe them to already be the largest publisher. They just keep growing, too...somehow. You think when you get to the point, as a company, where you can easily throw around $855 million, you'd be more concerned about making quality games over more money.
        Nope you see when a company gets that big they practically have to go the route of EA. Otherwise they get sued in a class action lawsuit of shareholders vs company. Because the company didn't rape enuff to give the shareholders a profit....let alone lawyers that swoop up these type of cases like vultures on road kill..

Comment

Just like they did with the whole NFL based games line...Madden was losing the fight so EA just made it so that nobody else could make NFL games for couple years

Comment

well 2k all pro football was actually more fun than madden. But lack of franchise mode hurt that game. But it was a solid football game.

Comment

Wow, 855 million dollars to acquire Bioware.

Still people will argue they use in game ad revenue for R&D because developing the cutting edge game technology they deliver is just getting too expensive. Eventually EA will get so big it will fold in on itself and take over half of the video game industry with it.
              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

The more I think of it, the more this makes sense to me. I think we all agree that Bioware has made some great, truly fun games, but ultimately, they have never gotten the same paycheck as Bungie has. Bungie started with some excellent series (Marathon, Myth), and then was sold to Microsoft, where I think we know the rest. I don't doubt that the founders of Bioware are millionaires, but now they can get serious promotion for their titles. It might not be the best thing to happen to gamers, but I think Bioware deserves some Halo-like levels of recognition, and this is one way they can accomplish this.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X