Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border Fence Opponents Find Their Spotted Owl

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science...nce/index.html

A friend and I were talking about this the other day. After all this time, suddenly, someone finds something endangered that will stop, or increase the cost, of said opposed project.

The playbook is pretty sound, and absolutely predictable. My friend, a staunch liberal, and myselv- a self-described conservative, agreed that the best way to stop the fence is to find an environmental problem. The spotted owl is the best example.

Now we have the spotted feline following suit

We'll I think walls don't work....I'd rather see more people hired for border security than a wall go up.

Comment

I'm just shocked!!!

Not!
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I can see where this would slow things down, but the fact the the animals aren't actually LIVING in the US shouldn't really stop anything.

Comment

Can we train them to eat the illegals?
          Might cost less than the wall and deporting all these freeloading SOBs.

I would like to put up guards too, but our military is too small to protect our borders and fight terrorists at the same time. Ironic aint it?

Comment

I agree with mapes, the governer of Texas said it too. I would rather see jobs given instead of spending the money on a wall. It would be more effective and the latest research they're doing with drones can be a big help.
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Get rid of welfare and trade with China... then we wouldn't have to worry about the Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                Get rid of welfare and trade with China... then we wouldn't have to worry about the Mexicans.
                Can we trade illegals for goods?

Comment

REMEDY:

Motion Sensing Infrared Unmanned pop-up turret mounted 20mm guns every 200 yards. Instant-On spotlights and bodybags sold separately.

Border patrol could just drive around on a backhoe and dig here and there to dump the leftovers.

CMON people...if they can fully protect the non-existent Area 51 24/7 then I'm sure this couldn't go much farther technologically. No animals harmed and the guards seem to pop up in all the right spots after you trigger a friggin detection device in the middle of the damn desert.

Comment

You know-

If you read this post correctly, it's not about the mexican illegal immigrants that come in without their innoculations, bringing Foot and Mouth disease, TB, Polio, and etc.

Its not about the criminals that rail in mules that carry drugs in every imaginable way, or the fact that the criminal gangs dont control the interior of MExico, but the border of the US because that is where all the drug money and smuggling money is.

It's not even about the politics of Mexican government kickbacks that supply electorial campaigns, police subsidies, and etc.

It's really about the element in the United States that sets out with Good Intentions, but fails to see that the remedy to the situation is not to be as manipulative as you claim the rest of our government is, but to be more direct with real solutions to real problems.

Stating that you hate the wall because it is a human rights violation is one thing. But coming up with an arbitrary animal after 5 years is a total manipulation of the truth that is sought here.

Personally, I dont care about the Mexican Citizens. I only care what happens inside my borders. If we cannot improve our lives here, why should we bear the responsibility of the ones around us?

If we are to bear said responsibility, then an annexation is well overdue. Otherwise, it just isnt our business if Mexico has a screwed up GDP and cannot support its' own economy. Dependency arguements aside, because if we are truly dependent then we need to go back to the first statement of this paragraph, which suggests annexation is overdue.

In truth, only a short percentage of the population is motivated to work hard. We already get that percentage in immigration. I believe that strict, BUT ATTAINABLE, policy needs to be mandated.

HOWEVER, since it is the topic of choice in this thread now, the immigration standard CANNOT be controlled until we can first stem the flow of illegals into our country.

The first order of business in all strategic commands is ORDER.
                    We cannot have order until we CONTROL the flow of populace into our country.

Romans had walls everywhere- all over Europe- that did the EXACT same thing. Control points for citizens. Each mile held a legion of troops to maintain that border.

But back to MY point in this post. Predictable ingenuine political tactics by the so called "honest" activists.

Comment

I too agree with mapes and Dougbob. But I also believe in preserving a endangered species and by not destroying their habitat. And every home and land owner knows that when there state starts a project you the tax payer will have too dig deep into those pockets to pay for what ever project is being built, We all pay for one way or another.

The wall will just make a person (s) more determine too conquer it. I know there is a problem with illegals coming into this country but they do work jobs that nobody else will touch and I know that we the tax payer are paying for things for them that our own country will not provide for its own people and yes it can make d%&@ angry at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd98 View Post
                        I know there is a problem with illegals coming into this country but they do work jobs that nobody else will touch and I know that we the tax payer are paying for things for them that our own country will not provide for its own people and yes it can make d%&@ angry at times.
                        If we eliminated welfare, there would suddenly be plenty of Americans willing to do those jobs. Work or starve is a wonderful incentive.
                        [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashdragon View Post
                          If we eliminated welfare, there would suddenly be plenty of Americans willing to do those jobs. Work or starve is a wonderful incentive.
                          Hence... get rid of welfare and trade with China. No more trade with China will mean plenty of jobs for all Americans. Get rid of welfare will mean plenty of bodies to work all the jobs. No open jobs for Mexicans means less Mexicans running across the boarder.

Comment

Don't get me wrong on this one, I believe they have to do something, but I do want to say, I'm not bashing Mexicans. The guys and gals I know from back home(NC) are a bunch of great hard working individuals and fill some jobs some of our kids today don't want to do anymore. It just bothers me if any of the jobs our citizens will take are not available due to the illegal immigration problem.
                            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                            Like the community? Donate here:
                            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

If the lazy ass kids had not been fathered by a lazy ass parent, they'd see a potential market for ANY service they could give. WAY BACK WHEN, we were taught that you can't make anything of yourself if you don't have a college education. This point holds true still since the price of labor goes down with every dollar, parallel to every (per-capita) illegal immigrant.

The bad thing is that now our economy depends on such crap more and more until it has gone out of control. Lets see what happens if Hillary or Barrack gets elected. Our doctors and nurses will all be imported (DUHH.. they are already). Our bosses and these "micro managers" will sit in another country and manage our economy. Watch what I am telling you. It is already true.. just not as blatantly publicized (has been happening for years -- has anyone NOT been to a foreign doctor?). Just WATCH!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X