For the survivalist or penny pincher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the survivalist or penny pincher

Here's some MRE trays for you guys thats on sale. With food prices kinda skyrocketing, i said wth, i'll share this with you guys.
    http://www7.mailordercentral.com/lon....asp?dept=1029
    I have a couple from a year ago and plan to buy more, too bad they ran outta BBQ beef.... They come in handy, especially for the family who likes to stock food, i can see the mormons now...

Don't show this thread to Teamkillerz. He is already in trouble for hoarding food.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

A bit expensive, but not too far out of reach I guess. I went to wikipedia after this link just for kicks, and you can see the 24 available menus there (main menus at least; they don't list the various newer experiments with different cuisines and more veggie only options). And you can learn that not only must an MRE be designed to take a parachute landing, but they're also designed to be fine for a very tall drop without a parachute. So you can literally drop them off a 10 story building and it's supposed to be just fine. Why they needed that criteria, I don't know. I guess the military runs into that situation all the time.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        Why they needed that criteria, I don't know.
        Think about it, something happens the first thing out is the food, then me!!!

hehe

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

You guys preparing for the holocaust?

I tell ya, the last thing I would want to do is be locked in a bomb shelter with one of you guys, scarfing down some MRE chilli dogs.

Comment

i still have a crap load of mre's from hurricane katrina lol... i use them for when i go hunting haha

Comment

I'll stick with the $7.50 price here at the on base shop. :P
              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko View Post
                I'll stick with the $7.50 price here at the on base shop. :P
                I miss the PX. We didnt even get to go to the real markets or stores, just the recruit PX. It was still cool though, really cheap. Before I left I stocked up on extra razer heads and shaving cream. They are like half price compared to the exact same kinds in a civilian store.
                And MIKE, how could you not want that? We could just nerd out hardcore. If there was power, we would be playing console and PC games(probably wouldnt be power, or internet) and eating tons of junk food, like twinkys and MREs. If there was no power we could all play magic the gathering or D&D by candle light.
                hahahha!! Makes me get pimples and gain weight just thinking about it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X