Ebay tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay tips.

I am going to buy FFIII for SNES for my friend, his birthday is coming up soon and I cant think of anything he would want more. There is 33 minutes left, I am the highest bidder, no one else has bid since early this morning. Does anyone have any tips to win? What is this automatic bidding thing I hear about and how do I it?

oh man. I want to cry.
    I was highest bidder at 30 seconds left. I refresh about 15 seconds later, still highest. 5 seconds, another refresh, still good. Next time I refresh, I am outbid and the auction is over.
    I try to bid on another one going on, and literally, less than 1 second later, there is a higher bid.
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!
    How am i supposed to win when some punk is freaking cheating like that.
    Is this that automatic bidding crap? and how is that allowed?

OK, I figured that stuff out, it is really lame that you can do that. It takes any competition out of it, it is basically now who is willing to pay the most for it, not who is the quickest.
    But, what is a reserve price? The item will not be sold at the end of the auction if this price is not met?
    Ebay ruined my freaking day.

Comment

I have been Ebaying since 1998 and the best tip too win what you want reeeeeal bad is too.

1. How much are you willing too go and that you think its worth too you too have.
      2. You can place the highest bid you are willing too pay for that item the first time and be done with it and you will not have too keep going back and placing new bids as you have entered your highest amount that you want too pay.
      3. Or you can do what the bidder did too you and place your bid at the last say 10 seconds depending on how fast your internet connection is because sometimes it can be a little slow getting that bid in and the next thing you know BAM your computer took too long and you did not get it. So know how fast your computer can register that bid and you will know how much time too allow yourself too get that bid in.

I hope this will help you with your next auctions.

Good Luck

Comment

If you place the reserve bid then u get the item I think...that is the ammount the seller is looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
          If you place the reserve bid then u get the item I think...that is the ammount the seller is looking for
          Yep thats another way too. I tend too wonder why the seller just does not go ahead and place a buy it now for a item as it seems the buy it now and a reserve are one in the same as the seller is still getting the amount that they are looking for.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I got outbid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. If the internet is running good and the computer is fresh, it will take about 3-5 seconds to place a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
              Thanks guys. Yeah, I got outbid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. If the internet is running good and the computer is fresh, it will take about 3-5 seconds to place a bid.
              I know of a program my dad has called like Esnype or something like that.
              Where you set the limit of money you want to go up. And the limit of money you wanna spend on that certain auction. And everytime someone else bids it automatically bids for you for w/e incriment you put in.
              [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
              [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

Yea I have heard of these programs too although I have never tried them. I thik this is how you always get beat no matter how fast you place a bid

Comment

so can you program it to place a bid for X amount at Y seconds?
                  Say, place a $90 bid when there is 2 seconds left?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X