Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2042 Persistant servers

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield...istent-servers

Kind of curious how this will be for ranked games and such but it may be a way of bringing back community in the form of battlefield?

Gee, imagine that, they have a new idea that players might like to be part of a gaming community. I wonder where they got this idea from. I guess this is there way of admitting that they made a mistake when they nerfed all of the independent gaming communities. As busy as I have been lately, I would make time for a Cains Lair Server.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Patch notes came out today, release is tomorrow.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield...CspWSSbHVxjNcA

"Persistent Servers

A much requested Community feature within Battlefield 2042 is the option to host Persistent Servers to help you grow and play with your own Communities. We are excited to share that we’ll introduce this feature as a new option for hosting Servers within Battlefield Portal as part of this update.

We have designed Persistent Servers for Creators and Community Leaders to nurture their own Communities within Battlefield Portal. This is your own dedicated space where you can meet. You set the rules.

Today, we’ll provide an overview about the functionality of Persistent Servers to help you understand how this works when it becomes available in-game.

What is a Persistent Server?

Presently, if you host a server within Battlefield Portal, it only remains visible within the Server Browser for as long as players are active within it. Once the Server is empty, it shuts down and will no longer be visible within the Server Browser.

A Persistent Server means your Server remains visible within the Server Browser even without active players. This will enable communities to stay together across their favorite servers, without needing to wait for the Server Owner to come online and activate the Server.

Who has access to Persistent Servers?

Starting with Update 2.2, owners of the Premium Battle Pass can select a Persistent Server option when Hosting a Server.

How many Servers can you Host?

Premium Battle Pass owners can host 1 active Server per account.

For how long will Persistent Servers remain visible?

Our intent for Persistent Servers is to help nurture active Communities while also making it easy to find active Servers to play on. This means that a Persistent Server will remain visible in the Server Browser for up to 7 days from any last player activity on the Server. We’re able to adjust this value if we see room to improve that experience."

It goes on about cross play and other options. So basically, the server is up for 7 days from hosts last login. Not sure if you can assign other people as admins when you aren't online though....

Comment

holy jesus i miss you guys. hope everybody is doing ok!

Comment

Cain's Lair Server? Say What?

Comment

I would play with everyone. I haven't played in a few years now. I just don't enjoy playing with strangers.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Check out Battlebit! I'm telliing you! It's gonna be good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t-N6nXl-4U

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X