Merry Happy Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Happy Everyone!

Today is the Winter Solstice for 2021. The longest night of the year. It's also marks the last days before Christmas. I hope everyone is safe, healthy and sound and has a Happy/Merry Christmas and New Year. And contribute to keeping everyone else being SH&S so we can end this sooner rather than later. Please play your part.

In case you do not yet celebrate it, the 23rd is the day of Festivus. It's not too late to get your aluminum pole, plan your dinner of meatloaf or spaghetti and to get ready for the Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength.

--Slaughter

For over forty years I have been working as a jeweler during the Christmas season. I really do not enjoy the Christmas season and I spend Christmas day sleeping.
    I hope everyone else is enjoying the Holidays.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I thought you had retired from that biz because of an illness in the family?
      --Slaughter

Comment

No, I am actually a workaholic. I cannot sit around and do nothing, and I like what I do. Also, I am very good at what I do. I was going to take a job on the road after I originally closed my store. Then realized that there was no one to help if my wife had an emergency. My mother has macular degeneration, and our son was living in Nashville, Tennesse. So, we found a small store front already configured like I wanted and reopened. My wife is doing better now and works when she feels good. And since Covid started I have been slammed. So far, we are having a hell of a Christmas.
        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

So glad to hear that is better. And good for you being able to continue doing what you love
          --Slaughter

Comment

Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

Happy Holidays all. Glad that things have gotten a little better for you Apache. I got covid on the 9th and got back to work on the 20th. Can't smell shit still. Have the 2 shots.. didn't get the booster.

Comment

Glad to see you survived Covid Golden. My family has been extremely lucky, and no one has gotten it. On the other hand, I have friends who have lost loved ones. One lost is mother in January and his brother-in-law in October. I hope things have been good for you in this trying times. For reasons I do not understand, my business has been great. I thought last year would be my worst year ever, especially at Christmas. It was one of my best and this year has been even better.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Thursday night my wife started feeling bad. She tried to go to clinics in the area. All but one were closed and it wanted to close early and refused to take her. I took her to the hospital clinic this morning and she tested positive for Covid. We are now in the emergency room and she is getting an infusion of antibodies. Her immunie system is compromised, but right now her symptoms are mild.
                  Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Goldenfooler, that sucks about your taste/smell. I think that for most it doesn't last that long. Bad enough for just eating, but I know you like to cook as well.

Apache, I hope your wife's symptoms stays mild and that the antibodies do their job. My thoughts are with you two.

I was to go to friends for Christmas but it was cancelled early Christmas Eve day as my buddy, the host, got Covid for the second time. He has bad enough times with his asthma which really knocks his butt every few months. Had he not had a booster he could have possibly wound up in the ER and/or ICU (if there are any beds available).

Stay safe everyone!
                    --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      Thursday night my wife started feeling bad. She tried to go to clinics in the area. All but one were closed and it wanted to close early and refused to take her. I took her to the hospital clinic this morning and she tested positive for Covid. We are now in the emergency room and she is getting an infusion of antibodies. Her immunie system is compromised, but right now her symptoms are mild.
                      Apache
                      I just saw this. How's your wife doing today???

Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

My wife is doing much better. And, now I was diagnosed with Covid Wednesday morning.
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X