Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2042 - Game Play Footage Reveal! I'm sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 2042 - Game Play Footage Reveal! I'm sold!

I hope you are sold on this too

The Internet is exploding about this game, with throwbacks to old-school BF, and no one in Cain's Lair is talking about it? LOL

Comment

EA nerfed Private Servers and Cains Lair is now consists of a few old fogies' who still haunt the forums. Personally, I have been extremely busy and I do not have the time to game right now.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        EA nerfed Private Servers and Cains Lair is now consists of a few old fogies' who still haunt the forums. Personally, I have been extremely busy and I do not have the time to game right now.
        Apache
        Well, nerfed servers aside....how impressed were you with the game play trailer?

Comment

The problem is that with no private servers there is no community. Something EA and DICE don't seem to give a fuck about. I did not play Battlefield 1 because frankly it didn't interest me. My mind on that game was why not just make me play Battlefield revolutionary war with muskets. It just wasn't entertaining. Battlefield 5 was beautiful but played too damn much like Battlefront 1 and 2. Talent trees for guns is fucking stupid in a battlefield game. Also without private servers the cheating was rampant and EA just does not care. Their anti cheat is non existent as far as i could tell and they never addressed the cheating at all throughout the entire life cycle of the game. There were alot of other problems with 5. But those were my biggest complaints. Battlefield 2042 will likely be my last Battlefield game because i hold out a slim hope that they will learn from mistakes but i'd say the odds are terrible of that happening.
          [CN]KentWingslide

Comment

Originally posted by Hairywolfman View Post
            The problem is that with no private servers there is no community. Something EA and DICE don't seem to give a fuck about. I did not play Battlefield 1 because frankly it didn't interest me. My mind on that game was why not just make me play Battlefield revolutionary war with muskets. It just wasn't entertaining. Battlefield 5 was beautiful but played too damn much like Battlefront 1 and 2. Talent trees for guns is fucking stupid in a battlefield game. Also without private servers the cheating was rampant and EA just does not care. Their anti cheat is non existent as far as i could tell and they never addressed the cheating at all throughout the entire life cycle of the game. There were alot of other problems with 5. But those were my biggest complaints. Battlefield 2042 will likely be my last Battlefield game because i hold out a slim hope that they will learn from mistakes but i'd say the odds are terrible of that happening.
            Hm, Battlefield 4 has private servers...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post

Hm, Battlefield 4 has private servers...so....
              Right but they haven't made a game since battlefield 4 that has private servers like they had it. Battlefront, Battlefront 2, BF1 and BFV. Seems a bit unlikely that they'd start back with them now.
              [CN]KentWingslide

Comment

Tony, to your point about gameplay trailers - so what? Lots of trailers look like the game will be great and then it's a terrible disappointment. Every Battlefield since 4 comes to mind as prime examples of this. I'm not going anywhere near another Battlefield game again until after release, and that's even if they have private servers.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  Tony, to your point about gameplay trailers - so what? Lots of trailers look like the game will be great and then it's a terrible disappointment. Every Battlefield since 4 comes to mind as prime examples of this. I'm not going anywhere near another Battlefield game again until after release, and that's even if they have private servers.

-Rand
                  Hm, think I'm done with this thread. No one hangs here anymore really. :P No point in really even discussing games in general here.

Comment

If you had read post number 3 you would have noticed that I had told you so.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'll be playing, mainly cause I enjoy battlefield when compared to most other shooters. I would be onboard for a Red Orchestra 3, but I don't see it happening. Call of Duty is just a cheater/streaming cheater nightmare. Tired of seeing things and videos about "pros", I consider most of these "pros" to be cheating asshats that make money off of people to dumb just to play the game. The lack of community and the console-ization of PC gaming has really ruined the enjoyment. But if they do a platoon/clan (if EA will allow the word "clan" as it is blocked in BFV) option, I'd be happy to get a group of CLRs together and play again.

Comment

Originally posted by -Bar View Post
                        I'll be playing, mainly cause I enjoy battlefield when compared to most other shooters. I would be onboard for a Red Orchestra 3, but I don't see it happening. Call of Duty is just a cheater/streaming cheater nightmare. Tired of seeing things and videos about "pros", I consider most of these "pros" to be cheating asshats that make money off of people to dumb just to play the game. The lack of community and the console-ization of PC gaming has really ruined the enjoyment. But if they do a platoon/clan (if EA will allow the word "clan" as it is blocked in BFV) option, I'd be happy to get a group of CLRs together and play again.
                        Amen brother!

That said, something NEW just launched today...

Old school maps are making a comeback like Caspian Border

Comment

I'm hoping they have the kolibri the smallest gun from battlefield 1 in this game. Man, I'll be missing it.

Comment

First we get a rendezook throwback, and now knives VS med paddles? That's some fan service right there...and I dig it. Nothing make sense about these timelines and it's awesome.

Comment

I got into the closed technical, I like it, but I want to see it in BETA performance.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X