Dealing with racist people in-game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with racist people in-game.

What was your treat if you ever encounter racist/stupid people in the games you played? Feel free to share it.

On Cainslair I just banned them....... permanently
    Other game servers it is best if you ignore them. They are mostly wanting attention. If you ignore them they will leave to look for easier pickings elsewhere.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Back in the UT24K days, I wrote a small database program that would take the chat log files and scan them for common foul language and racist words and spit out the player ID, name, date/time and the chat text. This helped catch those when there were no admins around. Cain would review and usually apply the ban hammer to all of them.

--Slaughter

Comment

For me, there are two types of "racist" people.

First. those who are verbally or physically abusive toward other ethnicities. You deal with them by reporting them to admins the game while not putting oil into the fire.

Second, those who would never, ever be verbally or physically abusive but who are afraid of certain groups. So they try to keep their distance. You "deal" with them by respecting their feelings and realizing that they have probably had some unpleasant experiences with a particular ethnicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          On Cainslair I just banned them....... permanently
          Other game servers it is best if you ignore them. They are mostly wanting attention. If you ignore them they will leave to look for easier pickings elsewhere.
          Apache
          ahh it was much more fun on cs go to mute them and they could hear us making fun of them later

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
            Back in the UT24K days, I wrote a small database program that would take the chat log files and scan them for common foul language and racist words and spit out the player ID, name, date/time and the chat text. This helped catch those when there were no admins around. Cain would review and usually apply the ban hammer to all of them.

Why we never had a brainy friend that time who could have abused that kind of privilege?!

Comment

We had an admin on the CS server who managed to permanently ban all 64 players that were in game at the time. Cain did not find that funny at all. I was in game at the time and did not find it funny either. The only time I have been permanently banned from a server.
              Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh, you got banned too? Was that a bit overkill banning all 64 players on the same day? I wonder how grave of misconduct you guys have done that led you guys to that.

Comment

The CS Admin utility had a command that allowed you to ban all. She implemented that one by accident.
                  Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Lol

Comment

Many Blacks are very racist. They can get by with it because they're always the victim because of our history of slavery, even though not one of them has ever met a slave or met anyone who has owned a slave. Whites are guilty and Blacks are the victims, that's the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        We had an admin on the CS server who managed to permanently ban all 64 players that were in game at the time. Cain did not find that funny at all. I was in game at the time and did not find it funny either. The only time I have been permanently banned from a server.
                        Apache
                        I vividly remember that Apache! I had told all admins "there is a glitch, don't ban anyone until it gets fixed!!" Bang she banned everyone, a server full of regulars - including my friend apache!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

I vividly remember that Apache! I had told all admins "there is a glitch, don't ban anyone until it gets fixed!!" Bang she banned everyone, a server full of regulars - including my friend apache!
                          LMAO, just curious. where was she now?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X