Social anxiety person in multiplayer games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social anxiety person in multiplayer games

I've been wanting to try a PC multiplayer game for a while, as they seem to be among the best games for the platform, but as an introvert, especially one with a reasonable amount of social anxiety, I feel a bit timid about taking part in any online community.

The general impression I got from the communities in online games also doesn't make things easier. For example, I remember few years back a Thumbs cast in which Jake or Sean tells about the time they tortured someone in DayZ just because of reasons, and the interest I had to buy DayZ kinda vanished, it doesn't look like a game that I'd feel comfortable with.

So I want to know if I'm alone in this, and if I'm not, which online game do you introverts or shy people play, with a community that is a bit more amicable.

I know this is a weird feeling to have about video games, but it just happens.

Some game communities were better than others. Some were downright horrible. Cain's Lair was the best community I ever found and the reason I stuck around and let my young son (not so young now) play on his servers. There were always admins around keeping an eye on things and abusive players and admins were quickly removed.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair was one of my first choices too when it comes to having a fun gaming community. Sadly, it was replaced a long time ago by modern gaming hype.

Comment

Tis a shame we all had to eventually grow up and face reality. I still find waaay too much time to game (according to my wife), having poured over 2500hrs into Division 2 over the past 2 years. We had a nice tight groups of CLRs back in the day who all were enjoying one of several games that were in the Lair's heavy rotation. I miss those days, but with every single game offering multiplayer as the years went by, it was simply a matter of time before other games took away player counts and those key regulars who were the glue to making us enjoy the game so much.

From UT '99 CTF wars to Enemy Territory, I spent a LOT of time around here on those two games. Won a lot, lost a lot, but I had a lot of memories that I will always have.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I miss the old games I played with friends, found new friends, and lost them after due to life responsibilities, etc. Still, I would definitely go back and meet them again the second time around if given with opportunity.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X