Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with anxiety or loneliness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with anxiety or loneliness?

We gamers have different ways to cope with anxiety and loneliness but this year may have been different especially to those who contracted or has a family member who got Covid-19 and is still treating themselves today. This forum offered us a lot of ways to keep ourselves sane. But I'm just wondering, are there other things you have done that helped you with it too?

Hello, just bumping up on this.

Comment

I tend to be a loner. Being by myself has never bothered me. I use the martial arts to control anxiety and pressure.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Also tend to be kinda of a loner. Maybe like apache I have a very customer interactive job. Normally I don't want to have anything to do with people when i go home.
        Cooking for just being able to get something done makes me feel better. Though this year I have been busy enough that i haven't done any Christmas things yet. I just feel tired lately, work is so freaking busy.

Comment

I feel the same. goldenfooler My boss isn't a Christian (I forgot his religion) so his family does not celebrate the Christmas season. That's why we are also stuck having work during Christmas eve and even during New Years'. So I feel lonely and stress given that I will not have time to prepare some food on Christmas eve nor I can come with friends to celebrate it longer.

I've stumbled on this article in hope of looking for some things to do to overcome my anxiety and so thought I could share it here for everyone's knowledge too. It talks about students' loneliness during this pandemic but I found the tips inside to be helpful for everyone too. https://www.topuniversities.com/stud...ess-university

Comment

oneforce As far as you feeling anxious and lonely during Christmas and New Year holidays, try to video or telephone chat as much as possible with those loved ones, and within that discussion try to reminisce about past celebrations when you were happy. Try finding gratitude that you are alive and well and so are your loved ones.

It always helps me to hold my kitty when I am feeling down or anxious. She senses that need and stays with me on that.

It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series.

Music, sending Christmas cards to others. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way?

Comment

I chat with neighbors who are out walking their dogs or on nice days/evenings hanging out on their patios as I walk around (I'm in an apartment). Have not seen Bosch yet but will check it out. I've been re-watching Mr. Robot on Prime and Falling Skies (on HBO--I get it free from AT&T) lately. Plus, I cook a lot and my waist shows it.
              --Slaughter

Comment

Thanks SCameron for sharing your thoughts with me. I ended up doing facetime with my parents while at work and on Christmas Eve. Seeing them safe and happy this holiday gives me strength.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforce View Post
                  Thanks SCameron for sharing your thoughts with me. I ended up doing facetime with my parents while at work and on Christmas Eve. Seeing them safe and happy this holiday gives me strength.
                  You're welcome! How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling way better now while you celebrate the New Year!

Comment

Real depression and anxiety are very, very serious conditions that cannot be solved alone. I have two close friends who killed themselves this year. Both struggled with depression and anxiety and refused to seek treatment from others. They tried to "fix it themselves" and like most people who attempt this they both failed. If you are really depressed and strugglig with anxiety send me a PM, I'm always here for any of you - you all have my ear and any help I can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by SCameron View Post

You're welcome! How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling way better now while you celebrate the New Year!
                      I appreciate your concern, I do had fun this New Year's eve! I facetime again with my parents the whole night while I celebrate the New Year on my friend's place. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      Real depression and anxiety are very, very serious conditions that cannot be solved alone. I have two close friends who killed themselves this year. Both struggled with depression and anxiety and refused to seek treatment from others. They tried to "fix it themselves" and like most people who attempt this they both failed. If you are really depressed and strugglig with anxiety send me a PM, I'm always here for any of you - you all have my ear and any help I can offer.
                      I'm very sorry to hear this Cain, I'll make sure to find you in my list when I feel needed to talk to someone. Right now, I'm still thankful that my symptoms only shows of that anxiety and not depression, I still find that my life is valuable no matter what side of the coin I'm in.

Comment

For me, anxiety equaled adrenaline building up inside my body, and actually, that will alter how your brain works. You have to address the adrenaline or no matter how hard you try, your brain will win and anxiety will win. I found something on the internet that really helped me at the moment. And that was watching or listening to Dr. Claire Weeks on youtube. Every day for months to get me thru. I also saw a doctor, and a psychiatrist about it when it got to the point where I was just too exhausted mentally to do it on my own any longer. The psychiatrist prescribed Lexapro which I took and that seemed to help too. But learning about second fear and pass-thru anxiety from the claire weeks videos is what I truly think got me thru it the most. There are multiple pieces to getting thru it but it's possible even though when I was in it I thought I would never get past it. Anxiety sucks.

Comment

Depending on the state and your health care. You can get free mental health over the phone because of the pandemic.
                          NJ law until it is over... the state will cover the copay for any mental health televisit.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                            Depending on the state and your health care. You can get free mental health over the phone because of the pandemic.
                            NJ law until it is over... the state will cover the copay for any mental health televisit.
                            Yeah, gladly we also have that in state law.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                              We don't have that here, but vaccines are now coming here too so everything is going good here, hopefully..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X