More Lockdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Lockdowns

How are things going on in your area? Is your local on the verge of having another lockdown?
    I'm planning to have a road trip with my family to the countryside (for a change of scenery) but our government has announced a possible lockdown for the nth time.

Here in the Fort Worth, Texas are the current total number of confirmed is 73,617 cases with 943 deaths. We need to lockdown but the Right-leaning state & county government won't do it. The whole country needs to lockdown but fat chance of that happening.
    --Slaughter

Comment

Northern NJ here. I kind of expect a lockdown at some point again. The state has put a few more restrictions. We aren't that bad.
      Passaic County
      Personally I am financially stable so a lockdown gives me a vacation. bad to say but the truth;.
      Total cases
      +343
      Recovered
      -
      Deaths
      +8
      New Jersey
      Total cases
      +4,054
      Recovered
      -
      Deaths

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
        The whole country needs to lockdown but fat chance of that happening.
        THIS a thousand times.

I live in Maryland, which is very blue. But our governor is Hogan, a Republican. He did a good job at the very beginning but then he went with the Republican saw of the economy trumping (no pun intended) all, and relaxed too much, leaving the 4 biggest jurisdictions in the lurch including mine. Right now he's doing like restaurant and bar closures at 10pm, as if Covid cares what time it is. It's not enough.

I've been teleworking since mid-March and expect to do so until April if not later. We're almost certainly not going back to the office until the vaccine is widely available. So I've been lucky also. My wife's job is somewhat less secure, but she still has it now and she's also been teleworking.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

It's final and we are definitely having another lockdown next week. I've kind of reading articles on the internet as my new hobby and I thought I should share this with you all just in case you also feel against this lockdown.

http://itacc.org/why-lockdown-is-a-g...use-to-unplug/

Comment

LOL. Unplugging is a great idea. As my age (64), being plugged in is really not so much a thing as it is for younger people. I can go hours without looking at my phone. And even then it's just to see if a bill needs to be paid, etc. Things like that.
            --Slaughter

Comment

I use my phone as a tool. Phone calls, texts, photos, app for all of my heating and air-conditioning controls and to check the weather. I read on my tablet and use my PC for everything else. I haven't even played a game in around twwo years.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

as just a fun game, without much learning. try the game among us it is free on phones.

Comment

It is definitely on the rise in spite of the edicts that have come through (or perhaps because of? Our county is on the verge of being on the highest alert, so I've taken to taking my workstation back and forth with me to work just in case we have to lock down again. I just want the edicts to be county-by-county again instead of being state-wide - why should Vinton county have to suffer because my home county is populated almost exclusively with "essential personnel"?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                    LOL. Unplugging is a great idea. As my age (64), being plugged in is really not so much a thing as it is for younger people. I can go hours without looking at my phone. And even then it's just to see if a bill needs to be paid, etc. Things like that.
                    I've also kept myself away from news up until now, I only read news through covid update on google search and that's it. So far, I have managed my anxiety and stress at minimum level.

Comment

It's 2021 and I can't still see myself resuming my travel plans this year. Perhaps even if I want to, I can't because I don't plan on taking the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine this year. :/

Comment

Will it be more acceptable if you take the traditional vaccines like the Astra-Zeneca than those two?

Comment

Originally posted by oneforce View Post
                          Will it be more acceptable if you take the traditional vaccines like the Astra-Zeneca than those two?
                          As of right now, we don't know if the AstraZeneca thing is is a for sure for many or a false positive or merely a small subset.
                          --Slaughter

Comment

Well, with all the new variants that are coming out in different countries, I still have my doubts about how effective the current vaccines are. I do hope that J&J will make a difference this time though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X