No announcement yet.

ZOMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding foam ear plugs. if you use them right they will NEVER fall out. you don't push them in. you roll them between your fingers to compress them into tubes that will slide into your ear. then you slide them in and hold them while they expand. that is how the manufacturers intend for them to be used. they won't fall out and they will then meet the manufacturers specs.

i've worked in some very loud environments

edit: i know it's AZ and its summer. but, doen't most shooters like muffs or muffs and plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
      regarding foam ear plugs. if you use them right they will NEVER fall out. you don't push them in. you roll them between your fingers to compress them into tubes that will slide into your ear. then you slide them in and hold them while they expand. that is how the manufacturers intend for them to be used. they won't fall out and they will then meet the manufacturers specs.

i've worked in some very loud environments

edit: i know it's AZ and its summer. but, doen't most shooters like muffs or muffs and plugs?
      Buddy, I work around forklifts and large compressors and other machines all day long. I know how to use a foamy. It's one of those times though where I didn't slide it in enough (they were small ones to begin with ) and while I was practicing tactical engagements it decided to fall out from all of the movement.

I don't know what other shooters prefer, but I myself prefer foamys if that's all that is required. That way my ears don't sweat like a pig...
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I fired an AT-4 in Okinawa, had foam and ear muffs, still pretty loud

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X