Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Counter-Strike: Global Offensive been improved by its updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s/#more-652349

Excuse me while I come to terms with the fact that I’ve been playing de_dust2 for 18 years. If my playing Dust2 was a person, I realise, it could legally drink, vote, and join the army in the UK. My playing Dust2 could have its university picked out, could be settling into a career path. It could have moved out. I could have driven it, teary eyed, to its new home, where it would find its own way in life, maybe even find its own first-person shooter map that it could play for 18 years.

I’m trying to say that I have been playing Dust2 for a very long time. And somehow, I’m still not any fucking good at it. Sheer bloody mindedness alone should’ve seen me get incrementally better, but dipping back into the newly free-to-play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I’m still making the same mistakes I was in 2001. I’m still rushing B too fast and getting mown down by a CT in the cracked wall. I’m still hawking around the AWP corridor from the T spawn, getting my head taken off by a sniper shot for my troubles. I’m still getting flashbanged by everyone, be they friend or foe. It’s frustrating to still be this bad, to still not understand Counter-Strike’s emphasis on precision and movement.

[More]

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s/#more-652349

The start of the article made me LOL

Comment

I haven't played CS-GO in few years.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I watch CSGO, but I don't play it. It's a very frustrating game to me. Watching these pros play CSGO is like a more complicated version of world class chess.

Comment

The top players are amazingly good! Apache's son is one of them.

Comment

Now that he has a family and is managing a Chic Fil-A he doesn't play much.
            Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Now that he has a family and is managing a Chic Fil-A he doesn't play much.
              Apache
              I figured. He's still one of the very best players.

Comment

Yep. He was so good that a majority of the CL clan thought he was hacking. I brought him to that first LAN just to let him prove himself. He did and Rev apologized to him. The funniest thing that LANwas when Nem and Chris took on 16 of their clan mates and won.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

He was a good kid, who has grown into a better man!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X