Apex Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apex Legends

Many top Fortnite streamers are playing this quite a bit now. It's free to play though you need an Origin account. I've installed just to check it out it but it doesn't run that great on my laptop because there isn't enough space on my SSD for it, so I had to install on my 2nd (slower) HD.

If you have Twitch you can watch live gameplay from people like DrLupo or Ninja or TimTheTatMan. They are really enjoying it.

Gamespot trailer:

--Slaughter

I really like this game, and I wasn't into the battle royal genre. But Apex is really fun.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Thx for the post letting us know about it!

Comment

Apex is the most fun I have had playing a video game in about 2 years.

Comment

I'm assuming I *CANNOT* run a server for this game??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
            Nope. Pretty much older games only these days.
            --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
              Nope. Pretty much older games only these days.

Comment

Apex is literally the best battle royal i've played in a while. so much fun to be had!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  Apex is literally the best battle royal i've played in a while. so much fun to be had!
                  I concur. I never get upset when playing unless it's with random people b/c they do stupid things and don't communicate at all 99% of the time. I have loads of fun with my favorite legends (characters in game with unique skills) and if I lose, it's not a big deal the loading screens aren't that long so I don't wait a year to get into another match.
                  [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    <Singing Dylan> Wellll, the times, they are a' changing </Singing Dylan>

Gone are the days when an FPS MP game will offer up a server version. With the release of PubG, then Fortnite and now Apex Legends and its ilk, the devs have learned (from TF2 I might add) that you can in fact give a game away and monetize all the goofy costumes and weapon skins and make SERIOUS coin off of it. Fortnite was not much fun when it was released until the Battle Royale mode caught on in a huge way (understatement of the year here).

I don't see us ever getting back to a point where we all have one game to bring that brings us together. You won't ever catch me playing PubG or Fortnite, but I am definitely racking up the hours on Division 2, a game I had no interest at all in playing, and only tried it due to my free coupon code for the game expiring. I'm as sneaky as ever, I just need to work on my aim a lot more. I picked up an accolade perk last night that rewards you for head shots, and I've always been a terrible sniper, but the AI likes to pop its head up over barricades a LOT so it's making me look a lot better than I currently am.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Games we can run servers for...

Open World RPGs such as Ark, Atlas, Conan Exiles, Dark and Light, Outlaws of the Wild West, PixARK, Rend, Rust, SCUM (actually wouldn't mind this one, it is fun), Valnir Rok and many more like these...

There you have it. It sucks but that's how it is.
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

How About???

Of course I realize this will never happen, but....

The most gaming fun I have ever had in my life was playing Unreal Tournament 2004 at Cains Lair. I even had the opportunity to meet some other players and go for lunch with them. Sure there are many games that came out later that look better and play great, but those days were simply awesome to me. And now, I heard that because of Fortnite, the new UT game has had it's production go off the rails and may never be finished. After UT died off, I spent over 10 years playing only one game the Epic EVE Online. But about 2 years ago, I started to look out there to see what games were available and I found an amazing number of awesome games to play. But UT at Cains...nothing will ever compare again...
                        [TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Yeah, Epic pulled the entire dev team working on the new UT to work on Fortnite BR and stopped development. They even deleted the forums for it.
                          --Slaughter

Comment

It wasn't the games that were awesome at Cain's. It was the people. I started with Counter-Strike and played every game after that that Cain ran. It was the community of people that made the Lair what it was. I also got to meet and even LAN with some really great people. Unfortunately the community was a product of its time and as with all things time passed it by. New games that prevent the very communities that made Cains Lair possible will make ii impossible for new communities to be born.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              It wasn't the games that were awesome at Cain's. It was the people. Apache
                              Yes, there was and is a large number of very good people on Cains servers. I wish it was possible to turn back the time to those days...I was younger and skinnier back then too. I was only 47 then, now I will be 62 in a month. It's a crummy feeling...and sadly, a few weeks ago, for the first time, someone actually called me an "elderly gentleman"....the shame...LOLOL...
                              [TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X