Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite??

Anyone playing Fortnite??

I need some folks to play with so I can understand this game.

Looks like it might be fun.

I'm "Cain57" in Fortnite. Add me if you play.

Hey Apache, let's check this game out. I'll call you. 3.4 million players must be on to something.

OK, I gave it a shot. You spend most of your time looking for stuff, then some more skilled/OP player pops out of no-where and kills you.

Not really my sort of game, based on initial impression I will at least give it a chance with someone else and see how that is.

Comment

I've dropped in a few times. Learning the game is really like on-the-job training. There is no practice area to get the hang of how things work. Like building structures. About the best you can hope for is landing in an area with no one else around, which is rare. There are lots of YouTube videos that can help but you've still got to get in there and try things out for yourself.

On one BR, I spectated a guy who killed me right after I got my first weapons and watched him for the rest of the battle as he went on to win. He was a building ninja. Not only for protection but climbing up hills and buildings. Must have hundreds of hours of play time.
      --Slaughter

Comment

What's your Fortnite name, I'll add you as a friend. Maybe we can try DUO, that might be fun.

Comment

I am Slaughter.SP
          --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
            I am Slaughter.SP
            Cain57. I think! I'll see if I can figure out how to add you.

Comment

I have sent a friend request.
              --Slaughter

Comment

The HogFather is playing as FogFather.
                --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                  I have sent a friend request.
                  Got it, thanks!! Added you.

Comment

Heya guys I been playing Fortnite daily since October. Come join me in a few matches and maybe i can teach you a thing or 2 and squads can be allot of fun. Once you get the hang of it things will change. Hope you guys are doing well. Add me to your Epic account Fogfather.

Comment

Perhaps you could write up some squad tips for us. Sorry that I was (/am) a wretched noob when you invited me to your squad. One thing I didn't know was strategy on when to jump from the bus. I did pretty quickly but I think I made you jump out to catch up where I was headed. Of course I was taken out fairly fast. And once I was dead, I couldn't spectate you. If there is a way let me know. I couldn't see a way to choose who you are viewing.

I've been watching YT videos on Fortnite Battle Royale so I can try to get a grasp on all of it and am trying some of the tips I've seen. Problem is, I'm usually dead not too long after landing. If not and I survive to the top 50 or fewer it is sill just blind luck because no one else is near where I landed.

I'm still trying the gliding tips, but as of yet so many still land before me and much more gracefully than me.
                      --Slaughter

Comment

While you are in queue Hit the "M" key to see the path of the bus. You can place a "point" on the map so the others in the squad can see and plan where to go.
                        Just till you get the hang of things try to pick a spot that's not so populated. Pick a house that's off to the side of the map so it will give you a chance to get some gear and shields.
                        Most times you will be alone or only have 1 squad to deal with. Then farm some wood and other materials. Hunt around any other structures you see keeping an eye on all directions for threats. If you are getting shot at take cover or build it. I would also setup hotkeys for walls, stairs and floors.
                        I try to get my hands on a pump shotgun, green or grey pumps are good close and if you hit them in the face once its death.
                        Some kind of AR like a blue burst or AK for medium range and some nades. Be stealthy and try to stick together. Share your weapons with teammates that need them. Voice is a big help to make things go a bit smoother. There is a compass at the top of the screen we use to call out enemies. Guns have a color grading system grey, green, blue, purple and gold. Grey is the weakest and gold is best but some greens and blues are great and get the job done.
                        I have very few wins under my belt and it feels good when you get them.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuwCBPl_FQk

Comment

Hi HF! Great to see you! How’s the family? I’ll definitely look you up in game I think I added you as a friend.

Comment

This is a good beginner's guide, which also teaches keys/mouse or controller buttons (Xbox/PS4)

Here's one for gliding down faster. I'm still trying'

--Slaughter

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X