iTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTouch

does anyone know if you can watch things using QuickTime on the Internet?like say I click on a link to a movie clip that uses QuickTime, can the itouch play that movie or do you have to download something that allows toy to do that?
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I think the actual question is weather or not it has some type of network connectivity. If it had net I'm sure you could watch QT movies on it.

Comment

You can surf the web on it, even watch you tube videos.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

ya I just got one, and it is sweet. It even comes with mail, internet, weather, maps, it is sweet!! It is the new iTouch with upgrades and I love it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley
          ya I just got one, and it is sweet. It even comes with mail, internet, weather, maps, it is sweet!! It is the new iTouch with upgrades and I love it!!!!!
          Maps ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
            Maps ?????
            It has a full Google Maps application integrated with it. It also comes with a virtual GPS function that determines your position based on near-by WiFi points. The iPhone version also allows you to locate yourself using cell tower triangulation.

It runs Safari, so you see the entire webpage as it was meant to be seen. It isn't like a cellphone web browser where things get warped and moved to fit on the screen. It'll play a whole bunch of media too.

It also has a built-in YouTube application.

As well as all of that, I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.1 Touch, so it's essentially a little computer. I have a VNC client on it to allow me to remotely control my PC, an SSH server & terminal, a whole bunch of games, and even a package manager than allows me to install community-maintained sources simply by touching them. Think of it as the apt-get for the Touch. There are also various programming IDEs, a scaled-down version of the Apache webserver, etc.

The Touch is more of a PDA than a traditional iPod. It actually runs the same software as the iPhone too, just without the actual cellphone functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
              Originally posted by Cain
              Maps ?????
              It has a full Google Maps application integrated with it. It also comes with a virtual GPS function that determines your position based on near-by WiFi points. The iPhone version also allows you to locate yourself using cell tower triangulation.

It runs Safari, so you see the entire webpage as it was meant to be seen. It isn't like a cellphone web browser where things get warped and moved to fit on the screen. It'll play a whole bunch of media too.

It also has a built-in YouTube application.

As well as all of that, I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.1 Touch, so it's essentially a little computer. I have a VNC client on it to allow me to remotely control my PC, an SSH server & terminal, a whole bunch of games, and even a package manager than allows me to install community-maintained sources simply by touching them. Think of it as the apt-get for the Touch. There are also various programming IDEs, a scaled-down version of the Apache webserver, etc.

The Touch is more of a PDA than a traditional iPod. It actually runs the same software as the iPhone too, just without the actual cellphone functionality.
              The only problem is that when you want to know your location, you have to be near a hot spot, and it has to be an open network. The maps themselves are so old, that it doesn't even know where I live...weird huh?

Comment

The only problem is that when you want to know your location, you have to be near a hot spot, and it has to be an open network. The maps themselves are so old, that it doesn't even know where I live...weird huh?
                I haven't tried the updated Google Maps with location features since I'm not running firmware 1.1.1, but if you're interested in jailbreaking to run homebrew applications, there's something called Navizon. The Google Maps application only has a database of something like 1.5 million access points, which isn't all that much. However, Navizon is a community maintained location service that works on a whole bunch of different platforms. If you have an actual GPS device, WiFi and cell tower data is recorded and sent back to Navizon, and they add it to their database. Those of us who don't have GPS or cell tower abilities can take advantage of that large(r) database of points.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X