Farewell Everyone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Everyone!!!

It's been a blast playing with you guys and especially the normal people that I play with. This will be a chapter in my life that I won't forget, but for the moment, I've got to put all gaming on hold. The semester is coming up and I'll be damned if I get another C because I wanted to play games instead of homework. I really do have a passion for gaming, but my passion is better suited for computer science than anything else. I've had to study up on somethings which is why I haven't been on lately. I might see you guys in BF4, I really don't know, but at the moment I formatted my hard drive and the only thing I've got installed are developer kits. Mainly Visual Studio 2012. That thing is a blast to play around with.

I hate to leave you guys hanging, but I need to find me a suitable career and the smarter you are, the better off you will be financially which is why I'm escaping for games for a few months and really hitting the books hard. Just went to the library today to pick up a book on Linux, APACHE, SQL, MySQL, and PHP. Of course the nice people up decided to take out the discs and steal them for their own, so I've got to go around searching for SDK's lol!

I hope that you all have a great time with BF4 and I just wanted to say farewell to a great group of guys. It's time I grow up and take responsibility for a little while. Too long have I put this stuff off.
    I wish you all well in your futures. I'm going to need some luck with mine

Also, I've got an internship at a computer repair shop which is taking a lot of my time. I've got to go through recycled laptops and see if those still work, then categorize them into an excel spreadsheet which is really cool! Anyway, you all take care of yourselves. I'll hopefully see you all soon when I've got the money to keep myself stable and not always studying all the time.

1. Good luck in class! Hope you do well.
    2. Gaming and taking care of your responsibilities aren't mutually exclusive. Moderation and priorities.
    3. There's no law that you have to be actively playing to hang around the forums.

Comment

Good to see you have your priorities sorted. Remember when you finish school or whatever chapter in your life Cainslair will always be here in one form or another. Good luck with your studies.
      Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Girl...

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr View Post
          Good to see you have your priorities sorted. Remember when you finish school or whatever chapter in your life Cainslair will always be here in one form or another. Good luck with your studies.
          I have to agree with Jaspurr.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            Girl...
            LOL.

Good luck, Niles. We'll be here whenever you feel it's the right time to get back into gaming.

Keep us updated of your progress once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
              It's been a blast playing with you guys and especially the normal people that I play with.
              Oh, sure. Big compliments for the "normal people"!
              I'll be waiting for you in B4.

Comment

Good luck Niles, we won't be going anywhere.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Good Luck.
                  Keep us in the loop and even though you don't play games we are still some place you can stop by and chat.

Comment

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I really do appreciate it. I hope that when I do come back, I'll be in a better place in my life financially and have it stable to where I can get into a decent routine. I'm learning quick that you have to be on top of your game with computers if you want to make it in this industry. If someone knows one thing more than what you know, they're going to have your job in a second. Which is why I've been studying my butt off trying to get everything in my head that I can get. That and I've got to learn to pay attention to detail like crazy. My weak point is laptop repair, but after this internship, I should have that mastered just like the desktop.

juneau, I definitely will keep you all posted on my place in life. I'm going to miss being able to game with you guys, but I know this is for the best. Cobalt's going to be mad that he can't yell at me anymore and call me a marauder lmao! That's what I'm going to miss most of all.

You guys take it easy and I'll be back before you know it. Hell I might just save 70 dollars or whatever it is for BF4 just to play with you guys in the spare time I might get.

Comment

If you notice people might leave a game for a bit. You can always come onto the forums though and chat to share.

Comment

Niles, you're an idiot. You'll always be an idiot. But you're our idiot as the saying goes. And yes, I'll miss hollerin at what ever stupid you managed to pull off in game. But it was a lot of fun when you were in with us. You took it all in stride and did your job. Which makes for a good squad.

I'll tell Drisel when I see him . Semesters dont last forever. We'll save your place til you get back.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Good luck with your studies and stay in touch!

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Comment

Good luck! Take a break occasionally and visit us!
                              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X