• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to scotland to get married

Ok I got you to look. Now read.
    Jedi could perform marriages, says Free Church of Scotland

Council opposes gay marriage op-outs
    Proposed changes to marriage would open the way for Star Wars Jedi to perform ceremonies, a church has said.

The Free Church of Scotland said the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Bill will allow groups promoting a belief to marry couples.

The government said the change was relevant to bodies such as humanists, who are classed as religious rather than non-religious at the moment.

A spokeswoman said the reputation of Scottish ceremonies would be protected.

The Free Church of Scotland has raised concerns about religious and civil partnership ceremonies being joined by a third category.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

As part of the consultation we have outlined the reason for suggesting a third type of ceremony”

Scottish government spokeswoman
    Church spokesman, the Reverend Iver Martin, told BBC Alba: "The third category is quite astonishing because it is the so-called belief category without really defining what belief means.

"There are loads of people in a diverse society like this for whom belief can mean virtually anything - the Flat Earth Society and Jedi Knights Society - who knows?

"I am not saying that we don't give place to that kind of personal belief, but when you start making allowances for marriages to be performed within those categories then you are all over the place."

The Scottish government is holding public consultation on bill.

A spokeswoman said: "Our current consultation covers not only the introduction of same sex marriage but also the detail of important protections in relation to religious bodies and celebrants, freedom of speech and education.

"As part of the consultation we have outlined the reason for suggesting a third type of ceremony.

"At the moment, marriage ceremonies by bodies such as humanists have been classed as religious, even though the beliefs of such organisations are non-religious."

The Jedi Knight Society offers lessons from Jedi master Yoda
    She said that the bill made clear the government's determination to ensure the continued reputation of Scottish marriage ceremonies.

The spokeswoman added: "We are proposing the introduction of tests which a religious or belief body would have to meet before they could be authorised to solemnise marriage."

The Flat Earth Society encourages discussion on a theory that the Earth is a flat disk centred at the North Pole. The society also archives literature on the theory.

Founded in the 1800s by English inventor Samuel Birley Rowbotham, the society's theory is largely based on literal interpretations of passages in the Bible.

Jedi knights are characters in the Star Wars franchise, which includes books, comics, toys and films. Disney, which owns the rights to the franchise, is preparing to release new movies.

Various groups promote interest in the Jedi and include the Jedi Knight Society - which offers lessons from Master Yoda - and Temple of the Jedi Order.

Training in Jedi skills - such as use of light sabres, are also offered at a knights' school in California.

Ahhh, there's nothing like a Jedi marriage in the spring.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I wonder which is more logical, a religion based on a movie or a religion based on a book.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        I wonder which is more logical, a religion based on a movie or a religion based on a book.
        I think universally, the Book is better than the movie.

lol for double meanings :P
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Please tell me you're going to have the Highlander theme for your wedding. That would be awesome! "Here we are!" haha!

Congrats on getting married bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
            Please tell me you're going to have the Highlander theme for your wedding. That would be awesome! "Here we are!" haha!

Congrats on getting married bud!
            lol I don't think he's actually getting married, per the first line in his post!
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
              lol I don't think he's actually getting married, per the first line in his post!
              Shhh, it's Niles. He's not the smartest cow in the stable.

Comment

Who puts cows in a stable??????
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  Who puts cows in a stable??????
                  Apache
                  I was going to ask this. Sounded wrong but I never worked with cows. I only sell them cars.
                  People ask will I fit... I say with enough butter

Comment

For the love of God... it was meant to be ironic. I think Apache got it lol

Comment

Yeah, yeah, okay.
                      But how did the horses feel about these exceptionally smart cattle wondering through their home? Was it a bad situation?

Comment

All I read was that Golden was getting married in Scotland to a man because gay marriage is illegal where he lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
                          All I read was that Golden was getting married in Scotland to a man because gay marriage is illegal where he lives.
                          Phantom is the only man for me.. He already said no to me

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                            Phantom is the only man for me.. He already said no to me
                            You're a seflish lover. So am I. It would never work out.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X