Glock/pistol Owners... need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.usacarry.com/georgia_conc...formation.html
    Use the above link to see what states have a reciprocity with yours. Just scroll down to the map and click on your state.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/P1010052.jpg

I picked this up recently, after spending a lot of time and money trying different handguns at the range.
      Really liked the weight and feel in my hands, and the magazines pop in and out so smoothly. I also have smaller hands, and this pistol fits perfectly for me. I can comfortably access all the mechanisms with my one hand on this model. The 226 was a little too big for me.

I was given an unfair impression of glocks, the rentals they had at the local range/shop were in bad condition and/or poorly maintained. I recall one of them(I think it was a G17) having a magazine release that did not work. You had to pull the mag out while holding the button. They were always very dirty too. One of their sigs even jammed on me once!
      I was actually considering a G20(10mm) but they didn't have it when I was there to make my purchase. It was between that, the 229, and a CZ-75 P-01/P-06. I think I came out ahead though, at least under the MSRP. They charged me for a base 229, and I was given an Enhanced Elite.

I have had someone tell me that Sigs(At least the 229) may not be the best choice for an everyday carry weapon because of an exposed striker/firing pin. He said he would much rather take his glock into the woods than his sig because of the exposed parts getting too gunked up.

Comment

I personally didn't like the glocks at my local shop when I was in the market a couple years ago. Personal preference though. I Wanted something to take to the range and was cheap on ammo. Ended up purchasing a springfield XD subcompact 9mm. No complaints in the 2 years I've had it.
        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/P1010052.jpg

I picked this up recently, after spending a lot of time and money trying different handguns at the range.
          Really liked the weight and feel in my hands, and the magazines pop in and out so smoothly. I also have smaller hands, and this pistol fits perfectly for me. I can comfortably access all the mechanisms with my one hand on this model. The 226 was a little too big for me.

I was given an unfair impression of glocks, the rentals they had at the local range/shop were in bad condition and/or poorly maintained. I recall one of them(I think it was a G17) having a magazine release that did not work. You had to pull the mag out while holding the button. They were always very dirty too. One of their sigs even jammed on me once!
          I was actually considering a G20(10mm) but they didn't have it when I was there to make my purchase. It was between that, the 229, and a CZ-75 P-01/P-06. I think I came out ahead though, at least under the MSRP. They charged me for a base 229, and I was given an Enhanced Elite.

I have had someone tell me that Sigs(At least the 229) may not be the best choice for an everyday carry weapon because of an exposed striker/firing pin. He said he would much rather take his glock into the woods than his sig because of the exposed parts getting too gunked up.

Nice piece! Does it have the short reset trigger? You certainly don't have anything to worry about wrt carrying that sig just as long as its not exposed in the sense that its cocked back in single action mode for carry purposes, but that'd be retarded cuz I don't think sigs have safeties so use that decocker! Besides, sigs been in some of the harshest environments out there and performed just fine; so have glocks for that matter.

I have heard QC at sig took a dip after 2005ish but that seems to be the case for most manufacturers these days. I'm sure putting that sig through its paces will verify its perfectly fine. I had a sig 229 in 9mm a few years ago and that thing ran like a scalded ape! And yea the mag release is more of a mag ejector lol, love how positive the mags just pop out. and good choice, imo, going with the sig over the czed's, those suckers can get awfully finicky

In other news I got a .308 rem 770 for xmas... total surprise!

Comment

I got my hands on G23 today, Finally! I have to say that it fits my hand perfectly so I am now highly considering it. I have always been a .45 fan but safety is always a priority. I will that I was rather impressed how nicely it fitted in my hand.

Comment

I like mine.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Ok, got my hands on the G21 today and it is definitely to big on the hands. So I think the G23 is going to be the winner.

Comment

Nice!! Post pics when ya get it

Comment

Posted in the pictures

http://www.cainslair.com/showthread....614#post263614

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X