• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting view of a Volvo engine

Attached Files

That's a bigass engine.

Comment

Funny, their automobile engines look a lot like their truck engines.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

That looks nothing like the Volvo engine in my boat.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
          That looks nothing like the Volvo engine in my boat.
          Its an inline 6 that through me a curve , I thought they came with i5's, makes sense an i6 is inherently better at controlling vibrations.

Comment

It's an Inline engine.
            Next year we start going to T4's. The T4's should have about 275 horse power. While the T5 has 250 and the T6 has 300.

Comment

Why put so much horsepower in a damn Volvo? It's owned by middle to older aged people. The fastest I've ever seen a Volvo go was 5 miles under the speed limit. Save on the gas and make it a 2 stroke. That's all that your drivers need.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                Why put so much horsepower in a damn Volvo? It's owned by middle to older aged people. The fastest I've ever seen a Volvo go was 5 miles under the speed limit. Save on the gas and make it a 2 stroke. That's all that your drivers need.
                They are going to make a 508 HP S60 R
                Attached Files

Comment

I say again, not necessary. Infiniti? Nissian? Dodge? What real speeders use... you don't need to waste all those horses on people with one foot in the grave.

Comment

You don't expect to actually be comfortable, safe and blow the other cars out of the water.
                    A large portion of selling the S60's are with people coming out of BMW's.
                    I think you need to see if someone will actually let you drive one Phantom.
                    BTW I would go Subaru SRX before you the other ones.

Comment

Subaru is for tiny Asian men. I can't fit in that damn car. You're right I haven't driven a Volvo, I'm judging from all the Volvos I see on the road. My POINT was that if you CHOOSE to buy a car like a VOLVO, you are not looking for horsepower, you are looking for comfort. I am sure they are comfortable, I'm just saying they shouldn't bother making cars with 200+ horsepower when they will never, ever... ever never ever never never ever be used beyond 70 horses. I torture my car. But she can take it. She enjoys it.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        Subaru is for tiny Asian men. I can't fit in that damn car. You're right I haven't driven a Volvo, I'm judging from all the Volvos I see on the road. My POINT was that if you CHOOSE to buy a car like a VOLVO, you are not looking for horsepower, you are looking for comfort. I am sure they are comfortable, I'm just saying they shouldn't bother making cars with 200+ horsepower when they will never, ever... ever never ever never never ever be used beyond 70 horses. I torture my car. But she can take it. She enjoys it.
                        There are WAY plenty of people that look for horsepower. People don't cross shop vs Dodges. They cross shop vs BMW, Inifnity, MB, ect. You have to have the higher horsepower. Besides when the car weights 3200 pounds you need some power. I have had someone take the 325 HP S60 R around a jug handle at 45 MPH. You just don't get behind the real drivers that have Volvo's.

Comment

what do you drive phantom? I mostly read about you hiding in a room.

Comment

You must own a Volvo. I own an old Nissan, and I haven't lost a race yet.

Comment

I have owned Volvo's in the past. as well as Nissan, Mercedes, VW, Honda, Ford, Jeep and Dodge. I currently have a VW Jetta.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X