Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh yay !! FCC rules changes will bring higher Cable bills !! Happy Holidays indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yay !! FCC rules changes will bring higher Cable bills !! Happy Holidays indeed

Under a recent Federal Communications Commission rule change effective Dec. 10, millions of television owners who do not currently have a cable box will have to get one for every set, according to public service consumer resource guide Consumer World.

And for some consumers, that could mean an additional monthly rental fee to access cable down the road.

"The FCC has once again found a way to pick the pockets of cable customers,” Consumer World founder Edgar Dworsky said in a press release.

The threatening fee comes in the wake of Americans already paying more for basic cable services. The average cable TV subscriber paid close to three times as much for cable in 2011 than in 2001. The increase in price, from about $48 a month to $128, is driven by the increased cost of original programming and sports

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2237212.html
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

this is old news in NY, I remember you used to be able to just plug the line into the back of the tv and get a bunch of channels, not anymore you need a box for each tv
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

It is why I have satellite.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        Apache
        Me too.. We have Dish Network.. Unreal taxes with Comcast Cable Tv.. We were paying just about 20.00 in taxes alone.. Ridiculous!

Comment

This has already happened in NJ. You can always not use it it I guess.
          I hate dish networks. Bad storms and get no channels.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
            This has already happened in NJ. You can always not use it it I guess.
            I hate dish networks. Bad storms and get no channels.
            Yes, I hear ya there Fooler.. That's the down side of having dish. But the price difference between Comcast prices and Dish is over 150.00 difference. Unfortunately, we're still stuck with Comcast Internet due to FIOS not being available yet. But that's mostly due to the Monopoly going on with Comcast and the government officials in place not letting other companies in to have their fair share of the pie. So in light of this.. We don't get much choice as to what company we get to choose..

Luckily it's winter now. And no storms etc.. So Dish is great! lol Not to mention.. Better quality 1080p picture too! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Apache
              +1

250 channels in 4 rooms with DVR for around $90 after all the taxes etc.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Last years news in Mi

Comment

90 a month with dvr, phone and internet with comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    90 a month with dvr, phone and internet with comcast.
                    For how long?

I thought about switching to Comcast for my internet. I have AT&T 6Mbit for $43/mo. Comcast was offering $30/mo for 6 months for 20Mbit. I started chatting with a rep, who said it would go up to $45 after the introductory period ended. So then I asked if they had any guarantee on how long it would stay $45 and he said, "Oh, it goes up to $65 after the first year. But you can cancel at any time" I was like WTF!?!?! Needless to say I stayed with my semi-slow DSL.
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I think it was 1 year. I might switch to fios now that its coming to a close. I don't use the DVR or phone. I just need to see what it costs down to.

Comment

Comcast is terrified of losing business to DSL and satellite, so all you have to do is call them when you get a higher bill and ask them for current discounts. If they push back, threaten to bail and get transferred to their termination folks. I guarantee you'll get a better rate. I've been working this racket for years and it hasn't failed yet.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Dish here as well. I supplement it with a Netflix sub (stream + DVD) and also have a Blockbuster DVD plan (free for 6 mo.) for 1 more month. Oh, add to that a local Redbox and multiple coupon codes and I have movies coming out of every orifice !! Storms that knock out Dish don't matter anymore when you've got a 100+ DVD library to sift through.

That reminds me ... I am going to start a Netflix hidden gems thread here this weekend.
                          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X