How are my friends in NY, NJ ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are my friends in NY, NJ ???

Does everyone have their power back yet??

Hi Cain,

Some of my co-workers are still without power. On top of that it is snowing now, with a storm on the way. Gas lines are ridiculous. There is no reason they cannot send more trucks, it's not like the roads are closed or damaged.

On the bright side some people are doing relief efforts. The owner of my company purchased several hundred gloves, hats, scarves, socks and will be giving them away in parts of Long Island, Staten Island, queens and Brooklyn.
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Never lost power, I will see if I have it when I get home from work. Storm is hitting now and snow is sticking to the roads.
      Some co-workers have been called and lost power again.

If you need gas and can get to RT17 in Ramsey NJ. There are really no lines. There are around 10 gas stations in a 2 mile stretch of road.

Comment

I sorta lost power in my building, it went out like 3 times but nothing for a long period. And yup is snowing here right now. Just got home from classes and forgot to wear my boots and almost slip on campus . Last time i slipped on the snow was 13 yrs ago.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Some areas are expected to get 4 to 8 inches of snow in parts of New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Just lost power for 2 seconds, now I have to try to get back in the server which is probably full
            [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I've been fortunate so far, other than 2 1/2 to 3 hour gas lines everything is ok. My parents just got power back Monday night thank God, before the cold hit. Still over 200,000 without power on long island though.
              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Looks like I got 2-3 inches outside when I woke up.

Comment

10 freaking days without power... Loving America and its weather surprises. I am very frustrated, on top of that my baby got sick, he's better now. Nightmare.
                  K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                  sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I mean that we still have noooooooo power. I am not paying the electric bill
                    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

As if that area could get any more "stone age."

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        As if that area could get any more "stone age."
                        Only the Jersey Shore was in the stone age before. Just like on TV they have dragged more of NJ down with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                          10 freaking days without power... Loving America and its weather surprises. I am very frustrated, on top of that my baby got sick, he's better now. Nightmare.
                          42% of the voters polled, said they voted for Obama because of his "outstanding handling" of the Sandy situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                            42% of the voters polled, said they voted for Obama because of his "outstanding handling" of the Sandy situation...

Oh NJ was going to go to Obama anyways. We were the only state where his percentage went up.

The only interesting thing is if Christy runs how will the state go.

Comment

I heard that 1000's of amish are still out of power in PA.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X