No announcement yet.

My observation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, and HEY, if you guys need any help, when I am not busy I wouldn't charge anything to help out with the forums and website by making it look not so generic. I'm pretty good at building sites and forums, and modifying them. I recently built a MyPHP nuke site for someone who wanted a hacker site and they gladly paid 5000 dollars for it.

Comment

It is good to see you getting more involved in the community MIKE. We have a pretty diverse population. Our youngest member is like, 9, or 10 now. Anyone know how old batman is? And where he has been?

Comment

Heya Mike thanks for the input there has been some work done in this area and here is an old thread about this here.
        http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=24971
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake
          It is good to see you getting more involved in the community MIKE. We have a pretty diverse population. Our youngest member is like, 9, or 10 now. Anyone know how old batman is? And where he has been?
          dont forget how OLD our oldest memebers get to... i will refrain from names cause they know who they are... lol

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake
            He's been around...I've been a victim to his Big Guns! And that dang knife!
            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
              Well, to be honest, I think the forums could use a little help. For instance, when I first came to the forums I thought about joining since I talked to cain for the first time on the game server, but I got to the forums, and there was not a whole lot to look at. Unfortunately, the forum looks bare to the unregistered user. This is not good if you really want to attract new users. What I WOULD DO, is make all the forums publically available except maybe a small section for members only, so that members could chat privately, but a new user must register to make a post. This way the unregistered user could see what the conversations were all about, and then it would spark their interest in getting into the chat by registering. I've built many forums for websites, and this is a kiss of death by not allowing a preview of what the hot topics are. It tends to make people just browse right away from the site. I did the first time I came, but being a webmaster, I knew that there was more to it than meets the eye since I know most sites have private sections that only regged members can participate in... as well as admin only sections. This may be something that Cain might want to consider. I guarantee you will get more visitors if they can read most of what is being talked about BEFORE they decide to register.... then again you guys might like it like that.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but from my experience...and I have a lot of it...it sparks the interest of a would-be-passerby and inclines them to join just to make that one post. They usually stay... and they WOULD stay here since there are not alot of flame wars going on which is what down-to-earth people really like to be a part of. This is the reason I actually started frequenting the forums here, but I wouldn't have if I didn't already know that there was more to the site once I registered.

~~mike~~
              Really good feedback Mike.... I do this the way I do for a lot of reasons.

the new Site and Forums will be done much differently because vB gives me MUCH more control.

-- Cain

Comment

I do post when I see a thread that interests me. I do read most of the threads, just dont post in each one. I do love the community here, all of the regulars seem like a really close knit family and I have seen some pretty personal issues being discussed here openly like its no big deal which is great.
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

same, I read most of teh forums, and make a post when i have something to add, or think i can in sert a humorous little thought, but, it does take time to adjust to and figure out the humor level of teh community, being in an mmo guild foir 6-7 years now, I know what I can post and how far I can go before offending/upsetting people, it doesnt hurt that I'm on top of the food chain, but dont abuse that power atall.

it just takes time to gel with teh crowd, some people take longer than others to feel comfortable posting.

In game however, I tend to throw out gg's, almost always say hi to everyone when I join, and sometimes even throw out some "challenges:, all in fun of course, but, most of the time get no response, so I backed off that, it mightbe to early and regulars might not know me well enough for it yet.

I tend to ramble when i post, sometimes, its either a 1 sentence post or a novel it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by Mobojo
                    I do post when I see a thread that interests me. I do read most of the threads, just dont post in each one. I do love the community here, all of the regulars seem like a really close knit family and I have seen some pretty personal issues being discussed here openly like its no big deal which is great.
                    +1
                    I often dont post because someones already said what I was going to say, or I cant come up with a good one-liner (my jokes are rarely funny to anyone else of course :P )

Comment

Originally posted by xGoblin013x
                      Originally posted by Mobojo
                      +1
                      I often dont post because someones already said what I was going to say, or I cant come up with a good one-liner (my jokes are rarely funny to anyone else of course :P )
                      lol, I feel you on the jokes Gob, I usually say them anyways.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X