Rugby player loses testicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby player loses testicle

Ruptured from a knee, still plays the second half.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/08/sport/...ile-homepage-t

That's tough.

(CNN) -- British rugby league player Paul Wood has lost a testicle after a collision during the English sport's showpiece final at Manchester's Old Trafford stadium on Saturday.
    Wood was playing for the Warrington Wolves against Leeds Rhinos in the Super League Grand Final.
    The prop sustained the injury one minute into the second half, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment.
    Despite Wood's determined effort, Warrington lost the match 26-18 to 2011 champions Leeds.
    Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?
    Paul Wood
    "Ruptured my right testicle, got a knee one minute into the second half, had to have it removed," tweeted the 30-year-old father of two.
    Showing his sense of humor remained intact, he later tweeted: "Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?
    "Tony Smith (Warrington coach) did say in his pre-match team talk last night 'your balls are on the line here guys!' I didn't think he meant literally."
    Rugby League is similar to Rugby Union, although each team has 13 players rather than 15.
    In addition to being played in Britain, the sport is also popular is Australia and New Zealand.
    Does your son have a hernia -- or worse?

Comment

I always knew rugby players were tough, but thats insane!!

Comment

That's why you got 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          That's why you got 3 of them.
          Knew there was something odd about you. More balls then you know what to do with

Comment

Ouch!! And he kept playing...BOSS!!!!
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Dang... I'd be down for the count...

Bully for him..
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

And that's why Rugby players will always be tougher (or possibly more stupid) than there American Football counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  And that's why Rugby players will always be tougher (or possibly more stupid) than there American Football counterparts.
                  You just wait. American football was also violent. They didn't wear those helmet, they were allowed to tackle people. Then women and lawsuits started to make a comeback with their health and safety BS. You just wait a few more years and your rugby will become a girly sport as American Football is now.

South Park recently did an episode on the subject. Butter's creamy Goo. Great episode.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X