WOOT! It froze over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOT! It froze over!

There's a crap load of ice and it's very dangerous to drive in or hell even walk in, I almost cracked my head open getting the morning newspaper.

But with every great danger comes great fun... NO WORK TODAY!!

Ice ? HAHAHA....

No offense but...

You sound like a man who grew up in Mississippi and decide to come up north during the winter. A friend of my Grandfather got a tiny bit of snow one morning down in Tennessee and decided to move his RV... he manged to crash the Damn thing into his living room...

Ice ? Snow ? Flooding ? Thats normal around here... We even get a rare tornado once in a while.

Black ice and snow = everyone still goes to work.

I love Pennsylvania...

Comment

welcome to the valley floor

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
        welcome to the valley floor

I live in a valley.... We call it The Valley. Consists of Athens Borough(where I live and grew up), Athens Township, Sayre Borough, Borough of South Waverly (those are all PA) Waverly and Chemung NY. I live between 2 rivers, The Chemung and the Susquehanna and the Chemung flows into the Susquehanna at the end of my town. and when it rains... it makes a nice flood in town.

Comment

Re: WOOT! It froze over!

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
          There's a crap load of ice and it's very dangerous to drive in or hell even walk in, I almost cracked my head open getting the morning newspaper.

But with every great danger comes great fun... NO WORK TODAY!!

Thank Global Warming
          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

And in other news.....it's a frigid 74? in Southern California today

Happy slipping and sliding on the ice out there everyone

Comment

Schools are closed here because of blowing and drifting snow

Tonight we have a windchill warning in effect. Sad though, it has to be -20 w/out the windchill before they'll shut down school for it being to cold.
              So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

A few days ago was the 10th anniversary of the Quebec Ice Storm. We got a few years worth of rain and frozen rain in a few days, causing major damage. My family was without power in the cold for almost 2 weeks. Power lines totally collapsed. I saw people hitting their cars with hammers trying to get the ice off.

Thats the closest I have come to a natural disaster, other than a few earthquakes, typically under 3.0. No tornadoes up here. At least, not yet. Lets give it a bit more time and I'm sure we can screw up the environment enough to get a few going.
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I just ran down the road about half a mile in a blizzard to an interview. And I got the job! My first civilian job.
                  I almost fell several times though. I couldnt feel my ears either.
                  Get some really grippy shoes and you could go dance around if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake
                    I just ran down the road about half a mile in a blizzard to an interview. And I got the job! My first civilian job.
                    You weren't wearing a hat?
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                      Originally posted by GeneralSnake
                      You weren't wearing a hat?
                      I just moved from California about 2 weeks ago, so I dont have all the cold-weather gear I need.
                      I am working on it.
                      LOL, my gloves are MCMAP gloves from bootcamp, which dont even cover the fingers.

Comment

I love the snow and ice. We just got some more snow last night so we have around half an inch now. Its so much fun to fish tail and do donuts in parking lots in my truck.

I remember a couple of years ago walking to school with the wind chill at around -30. It was -20 without the wind, AND WE STILL HAD SCHOOL! It sucked to much. Atleast a lot of the bus drivers were nice and were picking up kids that they saw walking to school.
                        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I wish is was colder here. We're half way through two weeks of solid rain.

Comment

We're suppose to get some snow/ice tomorrow here in NC.
                            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

It will be a balmy 10-15 degrees around here all weekend.

We are in THE MOHAWK VALLEY which lies between the Adirondack and the Catskill Mountains.

It can get real ugly real fast around here, but still never really THAT bad.
                              20 or so inches of snow is handled very easy in this area.

As a matter of fact... if you can exit your driveway,
                              you really have no excuse for not showing up to work.
                              You're called a sissy around here

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X