• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snicker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

KP gets all the LUV.. lol

Most of the local Stores like Home Depot, Tom Thumb, etc., have self checkout so that they don't even have to PAY a checkout person. (One person hovering around in case there is a reader problem with purchases on half a dozen machines)
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Oh I didn't see that. You said you weren't going to make fun of me for 48 hours! But that post was made 47 hours in. I demand a recount!

Also, I was still considered male back in 2008. Good days... good days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
          KP gets all the LUV.. lol

Most of the local Stores like Home Depot, Tom Thumb, etc., have self checkout so that they don't even have to PAY a checkout person. (One person hovering around in case there is a reader problem with purchases on half a dozen machines)
          I tend to prefer to do it myself, except when I have a large amount of things. Most people are inept at bagging in grocery stores and want to put a bag around a gallon of milk. The damn thing has its own handle. Plus I bring my own bags now.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            Oh I didn't see that. You said you weren't going to make fun of me for 48 hours! But that post was made 47 hours in. I demand a recount!

Also, I was still considered male back in 2008. Good days... good days.
            Daylight savings time.

Comment

I was roped into going to the American Girl store in Towson, MD back around last November. Both kids were into these doll at the time, so .. yea, ... so happy I can pay $112 per doll per kid, ohh, and add maybe $60 of accessories for each one. Now there's like 10 of them in our house and both kids are at this point not very interested in them anymore.

<OldManRant>When I was a kid I got Army men and dirt .. and I LOVED it ! <OldManRant>
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Put the dolls away for 20 years. They might be worth something then.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  Put the dolls away for 20 years. They might be worth something then.
                  Doubtful. Just like the Cabbage Patch craze of the 80's, those dolls won't really hold their value simply because they were not a limited edition run .. the market is saturated with them.

I sank every penny I made in my teen years into baseball cards, specifically the '82-'83 years, and they don't bring hardly anything these days. The market was flooded with cards back then, so the value just isn't there. Now if you talk about '60's era cards, that's a different ballgame (pardon the pun).
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Sell them now while they have some value. Maybe Minerva will buy them?
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                      Doubtful. Just like the Cabbage Patch craze of the 80's, those dolls won't really hold their value simply because they were not a limited edition run .. the market is saturated with them.

I sank every penny I made in my teen years into baseball cards, specifically the '82-'83 years, and they don't bring hardly anything these days. The market was flooded with cards back then, so the value just isn't there. Now if you talk about '60's era cards, that's a different ballgame (pardon the pun).
                      I thought they were limited runs for each named doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        Apache
                        Lol!

Comment

Probably limited to how many they can sell.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Limited in the quantity that they can sell for the allotted time that particular doll is available. Such a scam .... its limited in that you can only buy the doll that year, but how does that limit the actual NUMBER of dolls produced ?

Compare it to the coin collector world where ultra rare coins such as the 'Double Eagle' $20 coins were truly limited for numerous reasons. I have collected over 100 Cal Ripken cards, including 9 rookie cards, with 2 autographed. Value of the rookie cards - maybe $50 each ?? Ughhh ....

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              Apache
                              lol

Apparently, one of the legs of the doll broke, and they have to take her to a specific "hospital"??????
                              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                                lol

Apparently, one of the legs of the doll broke, and they have to take her to a specific "hospital"??????
                                It's like the graveyard for the pet rocks in the 80's. To bad nobody thought to give phantom back that way.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X